Academy Thread 19/20

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, tinman said:

I assume he’s being released, hence the video being made for him. 

I assume he along with most of the older lads from the U23s will be leaving this summer - Barnes, Wassall, Bateman, Shonibare, Cresswell.

Ravas and JML the only ones who look like they'll stay and maybe get the odd game next season.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I assume he along with most of the older lads from the U23s will be leaving this summer - Barnes, Wassall, Bateman, Shonibare, Cresswell.

Ravas and JML the only ones who look like they'll stay and maybe get the odd game next season.

I have always rated Barnes when he has played for the 23s. Tidy with his feet good shot stopper, and not bad at commanding his area. Think his only downfall is how tall he is. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Stats in Premier League 2 only...

Jahmal Hector-Ingram (Derby County)
Apps: 17
Goals: 10
Assists: 1

The competition...

Billy Gilmour (Chelsea)
Apps: 11
Goals: 2
Assists: 4

Curtis Jones (Liverpool)
Apps: 14
Goals: 9
Assists: 5

Liam Cullen (Swansea City) - Div 2
Apps: 15
Goals: 8
Assists: 2

Rayhaan Tulloch (West Bromwich Albion) - Div 2

Nathan Holland (West Ham United) - Div 2
Apps: 13
Goals: 12
Assists: 6

He's had a fantastic season just to get nominated. You've got to expect Curtis Jones to win it though.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Stats in Premier League 2 only...

Jahmal Hector-Ingram (Derby County)
Apps: 17
Goals: 10
Assists: 1

The competition...

Billy Gilmour (Chelsea)
Apps: 11
Goals: 2

Curtis Jones (Liverpool)
Assists: 5

Liam Cullen (Swansea City) - Div 2
Apps: 15
Goals: 8
Assists: 2

Rayhaan Tulloch (West Bromwich Albion) - Div 2

Nathan Holland (West Ham United) - Div 2
Apps: 13
Goals: 12
Assists: 6

He's had a fantastic season just to get nominated. You've got to expect Curtis Jones to win it though.

I would have said Nathan Holland looking at those stats.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

I would have said Nathan Holland looking at those stats.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

He’s in the league below, looking at that isn’t he?

50 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Possibly so, bit confusing the league 2 and division 2.

Premier League 2 is split into two divisions. 

We finished 4th in PL2 Div 1 (U23 league), 5th if you factor in ppg. It’s our highest ever finishing position, and only 3 points lower than last season despite playing 4 games fewer. 

I find it remarkable considering the number of players who have leap-frogged the U23s this season. Knight was limited to just 3 games!

I know how up and down some of our posters are and that most of our young prospects are only one poor performance away from being the latest scapegoat (see Wayne Rooney for comparison ?) but I just wanted to say how much it warms my heart to read the fulsome praise going the way of our young stars over the last 24 hours.

Please can we also recognise the staff at our Academy, from Darren Wassall through Pat Lyons, the quiet but very impressive Justin Walker, Craig Short and others who we don't really hear about. They have done a really impressive job to bring through these young men both on and off the pitch.

Great credit due to them all.

10 hours ago, angieram said:

Please can we also recognise the staff at our Academy, from Darren Wassall through Pat Lyons, the quiet but very impressive Justin Walker, Craig Short and others who we don't really hear about.

I think you're asking a lot to expect some of the people on here to give Darren Wassall ? the respect that he thoroughly deserves. For whatever reason.

Archived