Academy Thread 19/20

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There are still games to be played in the group stages so it makes me suspicious over this fixture. I imagine we'll try to move the date, and that's probably why we haven't announced it as a fixture yet. We've been struggling to name enough players in the matchday squad in recent weeks, and with half of the team currently away in Austria (followed by travelling back), I wouldn't ordinarily expect us to play until Sunday at the earliest.

Was told last night the Boro lads are preparing for the fixture, even after I’d questioned a mate was he sure. His lad plays for the smoggies. If so, unsure to what extent it can be called off at short notice.

Just found it odd no mention of it on our website? Was hoping it was on, as I’d be going along with slightly split loyalties.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They predicted the future... 2-0 up at half time - a double from Hepburn-Murphy. 

I was just commenting that he hadn't done much when he popped up and scored two good solo goals. Works a treat every time! 

Wind is straight down the ground against us in first half. Ravas' kicks lucky to get half way as they swirl around. Middlesbrough hitting balls over the top for their forwards to chase but they are sailing out of play. That tactic might work better for them second half.

Babos and Brown working really hard in midfield and Anya solid at right back. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Babos and Brown working really hard in midfield and Anya solid at right back. 

Babos is often the one overlooked (by me, certainly) when looking at our academy prospects.

He's has a couple of loans, I think, but can't say that he is one I imagine to be part of our future first team squad.

Have I undervalued him ?

7 minutes ago, U.M. said:

Babos is often the one overlooked (by me, certainly) when looking at our academy prospects.

He's has a couple of loans, I think, but can't say that he is one I imagine to be part of our future first team squad.

Have I undervalued him ?

I would be shocked if he ever turns out for first team

He's 21 now, old for an academy player and has hardly impressed on his loans.

Plays similar position to Knight and Sibley, both younger and further ahead than him

15 minutes ago, U.M. said:

Have I undervalued him ?

I think he's hardworking, tidy passer but lacks a killer ball and is probably a bit weak in the challenge. 

Archived