Academy Thread 19/20

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Due to their age, they will have all signed professional contracts by now. I could be wrong, but I think  they've all signed extensions on top of those, too.

JBrown, Minkley, Dixon, Buchanan, Whittaker, Knight, Wilson, Sibley, Greco and French all signed pro contracts before last season ended - so chances are those were 2 or 3 year deals. 

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bird’s runs until 2022 - signed under Lampard. 

Good news! I was undecided when he came in to the first team but that was my ignorance, he does so much “simple” stuff so well for a lad of his age. Proper footballer. New contract in the summer I’d think?

14 hours ago, Shadowplay said:

It was good to see Connor Dixon back in the squad after his injury. before he got injured, I thought he was one who could make the step up to the first team.

Having Buchanan and Dixon back will certainly be a boost to the U23s as they make a late push for the PL2 title - 5 points behind with 6 to play. We're 3 points off matching our best season at U23 level. (Almost) year on year improvement for 5 years (when we joined PL2 Div 2)

14/15 - 3rd Div 2 (40 pts)
15/16 - 1st Div 2 (42 pts)
16/17 - 8th Div 1 (24 pts)
17/18 - 10th Div 1 (24 pts)
18/19 - 7th Div 1 (30 pts)
19/20 - 3rd Div 1 (27 pts)

UEFA Youth League

The draw takes place today as midday and you'll be able to watch it here. It's an open draw with teams from the same group not  eligible to play each other in the round of 16. The QF, SF and F draws will also take place, but have no restriction.

Group winners: Ajax, Atalanta, Bayern München, Benfica, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool, Real Madrid
Play-off winners: Atl Madrid, Crvena zvezda, Derby, Dinamo Zagreb, Lyon, Midtjylland, Rennes, Salzburg

Team who can't be drawn together: Bayern & Crvena zvezda, Atalanta & Dinamo, Juventus & Atl Madrid, Liverpool & Salzburg, Benfica & Lyon

A comment on the UEFA site: "Liverpool hope to be a record sixth different English quarter-finalist". It's as if we don't have the same hope.

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

UEFA Youth League

Team who can't be drawn together: Bayern & Crvena zvezda, Atalanta & Dinamo, Juventus & Atl Madrid, Liverpool & Salzburg, Benfica & Lyon

Why?

Archived