Academy Thread 19/20

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/02/2020 at 18:06, Ghost of Clough said:

A young U18 side lost 3-1. Our goal coming from a Charles freekick. Cashin also saw his volleyed effort cleared off the line.
Gordon (CF) started his first game at this level, whilst Christie (CM) played at this level for the first time after coming on at half time

That under 18 team is getting younger and younger. Kellan Gordon tweeted that his brother was starting - hope he makes it. I like Kellan - a decent player but not quite at our standard, unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Any reason why some teams are called u21 and others u23 in the u23 league table?

390D8CE2-076F-45B5-BF2F-147E75C6B102.thumb.jpeg.b9366083f425aed5bb62829229620274.jpeg

and why no u18 league table on the website?

No idea to both those questions, although the PL2 is still referred to as U21 for some reason. Go to the Premier League website for them, its better.

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?team=U21

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?team=U18

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Wow love it, makes me proud of them. I hope Sibley is tied down to a professional contract if he isn't already as we could soon have massive clubs sniffing after our best players if we keep on embarrassing the bigger clubs. I  know Knight and Whittaker are tied down but I can't remember if Bird is tied down on a long term deal, anyone know?

36 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Wow love it, makes me proud of them. I hope Sibley is tied down to a professional contract if he isn't already as we could soon have massive clubs sniffing after our best players if we keep on embarrassing the bigger clubs. I  know Knight and Whittaker are tied down but I can't remember if Bird is tied down on a long term deal, anyone know?

Due to their age, they will have all signed professional contracts by now. I could be wrong, but I think  they've all signed extensions on top of those, too.

54 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Bird’s runs until 2022 - signed under Lampard. 

Archived