Academy Thread 19/20

59 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Only 8 out of the 24 teams have given 10% or more of the total minutes to their former academy products (we're at about 20%) before the latest round of fixtures. 10% would be equivalent to the time Knight and Lowe have been on the pitch.

I might have a look at minutes given to U20 and U23 players later on today

@RamNut As promised...

image.png.8ce8cc307a6696a043d70a74dd6fcbd8.png

Derby are 5th for minutes given to U20 players and 10th for U23.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Derby are 5th for minutes given to U20 players and 10th for U23.

I'm not asking to see the 'split' but I wonder how many minutes to youngsters (as above) belong to the clubs own youngsters rather than loans?

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

image.png.7a5a8f37c1cbc77467abca015fca4ec4.png

Good stats. Drastic change for Forest, presumably because of Worrall and Cash making up a large portion. Does Dawson count too? All older but all came from academy at some point.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Good stats. Drastic change for Forest, presumably because of Worrall and Cash making up a large portion. Does Dawson count too? All older but all came from academy at some point.

Yates, Cash, Worrall, Semedo, Ribeiro and Carvalho are their more notable U23s - Cash and Worrall making up more than 4300 of Forest's total U23 minutes.
They have Mir (210 mins), Semedo (733 mins) and Muric (360 mins) on loan.

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Did Mel Morris really say that the aim for next season was to have 50% of the first team made up of academy players?

That seems wildly unrealistic to me?

Bogle, Lowe, Bird, Knight... that's 44% right there 

34 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Did Mel Morris really say that the aim for next season was to have 50% of the first team made up of academy players?

That seems wildly unrealistic to me?

21 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Bogle, Lowe, Bird, Knight... that's 44% right there 

Maybe 50% of the first team squad (11 players)

Ravas, Bogle, Lowe, Buchanan, Huddlestone, Bird, Sibley, Knight, Bennett, Whittaker, Mitchell-Lawson

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'm surprised at how little Ethan Wassall gets mentioned. He seems to have improved a lot over the last 2 seasons and could do a job instead of pushing fullbacks into the middle.

Independent view of Wassall from the Mail's secret scout.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6986369/Derby-centre-Ethan-Wassall-perfect-frame-position-needs-team-exposure.html

Bare in mind it was a year ago, really needs to go out on loan and prove himself, although that's a catch 22 situation, good for him, possibly weakens the 23's too much?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived