Academy Thread 19/20

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Srg said:

Still haven't forgiving him for saying Huddlestone was our best player.

Did he? I missed that! 

I've read the article now. Seriously, that was a great read and I always appreciate it when we get something a bit more in-depth and different about our club.

Foster-Theniger
Bardell  Rutt  Charles  Grewel-Pollard
Matthews  Thompson  Cybulski
Wilson  Stretton  Williams

I think it’s Dylan Williams’ first game at this level and I think he’s still an U16. It may also be the first time Christie and Gordon have made the squad. 

1-0 thanks to Stretton. 2nd half just began

1-2 down. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Whittaker all missing 

Perhaps the "change in approach" from Cocu is to loosen up his rigid plans for youth players, and give someone like Sibley a chance even if they're not doing that well in training, ?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Perhaps the "change in approach" from Cocu is to loosen up his rigid plans for youth players, and give someone like Sibley a chance even if they're not doing that well in training, ?

I'd hope not. That's a short cut to be shown the door imo.

One thing for 1st teamers to have their say on style of play, who plays where  etc, quite another to be picking the team.

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'd hope not. That's a short cut to be shown the door imo.

One thing for 1st teamers to have their say on style of play, who plays where  etc, quite another to be picking the team.

It was a little tongue in cheek but I wasn't suggesting that he would've done so at the behest of the players. I wasn't using the summarized twitter statement that literally. 

I should have used "a" rather than "the", though, that was the intended. 

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ebosele looks some player. Like a cross between Bogle and Tomori, he’s so fast and has a great tackle.

Good running with the ball too.  A player that fast with those mentioned attributes can become a very valuable player for the club. 

The young players are getting lots of games due to being in so many competitions, that will serve them really well. 

The future is bright by the looks of it.

Archived