Academy Thread 19/20

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

For those who watch the U23s really regularly:

Which players do you feel will definitely be forcing their way into the Derby first XI in the next two/three years?

I assume Whittaker, Sibley, Knight, Buchanan...are there any others that really impress? 

19 year old Connor Dixon is a quality all round central midfielder

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a good night up at the academy/training centre tonight . My son is in the under 7's TIPS programme and got invited up to the academy tonight to play in a mini tournament was fantastic for all the lads and the club were more than welcoming , interestingly they said it's the first time they've done this with the young ones , could this be a Cocu influence ? Get the young ones in even earlier. Just to add Waghorn was up there with his son too . 

26 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Had a good night up at the academy/training centre tonight . My son is in the under 7's TIPS programme and got invited up to the academy tonight to play in a mini tournament was fantastic for all the lads and the club were more than welcoming , interestingly they said it's the first time they've done this with the young ones , could this be a Cocu influence ? Get the young ones in even earlier. Just to add Waghorn was up there with his son too . 

The academy do this quite often but it’s with other academy teams, first time they have opened it up to the the TIPS. Some good players on show and was an enjoyable evening in great facilities. 

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Under 7's or the 10's I think it was ? 

Was watching the under 7s. There seemed to be TIPS from Belper and Derby, Pre academy players and another team that I recognised a couple of the lads but not sure who they were affiliated to.

Hopefully they do it again, if only so I get another look round in the day light ?

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Was watching the under 7s. There seemed to be TIPS from Belper and Derby, Pre academy players and another team that I recognised a couple of the lads but not sure who they were affiliated to.

Hopefully they do it again, if only so I get another look round in the day light ?

Yeah it was good wasn't it ? My lads at Belper tips , they were on the pitch furthest away from any viewing areas all night ! Alfie , Charlie , Luis if you were listening for the shouts ?‍♂️. Yeah I hope they do it again too . ?

21 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yeah it was good wasn't it ? My lads at Belper tips , they were on the pitch furthest away from any viewing areas all night ! Alfie , Charlie , Luis if you were listening for the shouts ?‍♂️. Yeah I hope they do it again too . ?

We were lucky and was on closet pitch to the fence Nearest the entrance for each game. As much as I give MM stick, he has to be commended for the facilities, second to none.

Archived