Mason Holgate

Ambitious

As well as Josh Bowler & Kieran Dowell, we have also been linked with Mason Holgate as per the times: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/Derby-county-manager-phillip-cocu-may-raid-everton-for-more-loan-signings-76vv7hqnv

It's one of those subscribe jobies, so I can't do more than the link. 

I don't know how Holgate got on at WBA last season, but he was more of a CB at Everton then moved to RB at WBA. I would hope that he's more of a CB with the exception of when Bogle is injured. Wisdom seems to have disappeared of the face of the earth. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

As well as Josh Bowler & Kieran Dowell, we have also been linked with Mason Holgate as per the timeshttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/Derby-county-manager-phillip-cocu-may-raid-everton-for-more-loan-signings-76vv7hqnv

It's one of those subscribe jobies, so I can't do more than the link. 

I don't know how Holgate got on at WBA last season, but he was more of a CB at Everton then moved to RB at WBA. I would hope that he's more of a CB with the exception of when Bogle is injured. Wisdom seems to have disappeared of the face of the earth. 

Does it say that in there? Can't see the specific Holgate link. 

Surely a perm at this point in his career for him? Couldn't hold a place at Everton but looked solid at WBA. 

Struggled for them playing as part of a back three but was excellent when a CB in a two. Would fit a 4-3-3 great for us. 

Doesn't directly say that we are after him. 

Cocu, who won 101 caps with Holland, has close links with Everton’s director of football, Marcel Brands, with the duo having worked successfully together at PSV, winning three titles during the Dutchman’s five-year spell as manager.

Everton sent the likes of Mason Holgate out on loan to the Championship last season, while under-23 winger Josh Bowler is another player whose development could benefit from first-team football.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Doesn't directly say that we are after him. 

Cocu, who won 101 caps with Holland, has close links with Everton’s director of football, Marcel Brands, with the duo having worked successfully together at PSV, winning three titles during the Dutchman’s five-year spell as manager.

Everton sent the likes of Mason Holgate out on loan to the Championship last season, while under-23 winger Josh Bowler is another player whose development could benefit from first-team football.

Mason Mount, Mason Bennett, Mason Holgate. We surely need to draw the Mason Dixie line somewhere soon. I know

Seems that the Everton linkup is a definite possibility then with all these links- would make sense with cocu having worked with marcel brands for quite a while. Good news too as Everton have an underrated academy really, always do well at youth level. On this one specifically tho... it’s a no from me. We need a centre back or two, but Im really not a fan of Holgate. I mean he has some ability in terms of his last ditch defending, but as an all round player from what I’ve seen he really ain’t good. 

Wouldve thought Everton would want a prem loan for him too after having one at this level with West Brom. Difficult to tell the legitimacy of the link mind or whether it might actually happen.

Archived