Kieran Dowell - Loan terminated; sent to Wigan

BagRam

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

His passing % last season was under 74%, which isn't great. Puts him 20th in their squad last season (although you can exclude the 2-3 players that barely played). Although it was a little improved at 77% for Forest, which is more the norm.

So I'd guess he's capable of pulling off highlight reel passes, which stick in fan's memories, but is liable to misplace passes more often than most. Maybe he's overly ambitious. Not convinced it's bad enough to be listed as a "weakness" however. 

Put a bit more context round it... only averaged 15.8 passes a game for Sheff Utd last season (started only 8 games with a further 8 subs). Probably when he had to try make things happen, which can lead to more misplaced passes.

Compared this to a slightly smaller sample with him playing 2 games at the U21 Euros this summer with England and he averaged 65 passes a game at 94.6% - whilst also averaging 1.5 key passes (which is 1.2 better than at Sheff Utd).

Says to me style of play and situation has played a huge role in stunting the stats for him.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to have a left footer in the squad.

Can see him in the centre of a 3 in a 4231, but we won't play that every (or maybe even a majority of) games, and if we try to play him left mid or left wing we could be back to square pegs again.

Shame PC didn't have chance to try Lawrence in the no.10 role before making the call, but I guess other teams forced our hand.

Just now, Srg said:

Put a bit more context round it... only averaged 15.8 passes a game for Sheff Utd last season (started only 8 games with a further 8 subs). Probably when he had to try make things happen, which can lead to more misplaced passes.

Compared this to a slightly smaller sample with him playing 2 games at the U21 Euros this summer with England and he averaged 65 passes a game at 94.6% - whilst also averaging 1.5 key passes (which is 1.2 better than at Sheff Utd).

Says to me style of play and situation has played a huge role in stunting the stats for him.

Aye, useful info. The low average pass attempts is probably where WhoScored get the weakness from. I assume his sub appearances were very late on in games then?

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Nice to have a left footer in the squad.

Can see him in the centre of a 3 in a 4231, but we won't play that every (or maybe even a majority of) games, and if we try to play him left mid or left wing we could be back to square pegs again.

Shame PC didn't have chance to try Lawrence in the no.10 role before making the call, but I guess other teams forced our hand.

Shinnie's left footed too

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Aye, useful info. The low average pass attempts is probably where WhoScored get the weakness from. I assume his sub appearances were very late on in games then?

Well he only played 90 mins 3 times for Sheff Utd, and one of those was against Barnet in the cup. 7 times he played 30mins or less, with 4 of those less than 6mins.

Know nothing about the lad other than his England u21  development. Sounds like he has promise and hopefully will continue to improve and develop  under Cocu leadership.

Young hungry ambitious quality players willing to learn is the way forward ☺Coyr

47 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Yeah let's copy another Sheffield clubs chant. "You fill up my senses" before kickoff is another good chant?

Do that at Belper Town. 

... like a gallon of Pedi ?

2 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’ve been chanting this for a while ever since underthecosh went with Sheffield United fans. It is one of the main chants me and my mates go to and we chanted this all of last week when I went to zante. 

Archived