Kieran Dowell - Loan terminated; sent to Wigan

BagRam

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that this is a solid like for like replacement for mount but I also like the fact he's on his 3rd loan to the championship. Although that means he's a lesser player it also means he isn't a no hoper for a permanent deal at the end of the loan if no prem comes have come in loan or permanent so far and Everton still haven't took a gamble on him.

That was the only weakness with last season's mainly Wilson and mount is they were so good without promotion it was impossible even at the start of the deal and with promotion it was always going to be pricey.

Tomori could have had a chance but the unfortunate side of him playing so well was it priced him out 

Phil and the other Dutch dudes are working overtime. If any young player Googles Phil's CV then they are coming to us. Basically the Dutch Lampard with 3 league titles as manager and his full back up team on board. Amazing facilities and great chance of career development. I think any casual players will be leaving when they get back from Florida, hopefully none. Mel is going to give Phil what Phil wants. Difficult to imagine how this will not work out for Mel. COYR

16 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

What's the maximum amount of loans you can have? 3? 

Official rules are:

Maximum of 8 loan players

Maximum of 4 from one team, restricted to no more than 2 over 23 years olds

Maximum of 5 in the match day squad.

Watched dowell quite a bit. Not impressed at all. Decent end product, but his overall play ain’t great and he’s physically weak. From watching him in the u21 euros he strikes me as a player who needs to be played as a number 10 to get the best out of him-and that’s really the Only position he should be played otherwise his physical weakness lets him down. With that in mind, I don’t see where he’d fit in our 433 which we look likely to play. Decent age but other than that, it’s a no from me.

Guess it depends where dowell wants to go if Everton accept both ours and Huddersfield’s approaches. Clearly available on loan to a championship club so it’s a possibility. You’d think they’d want a prem loan really but guess he won’t get one after his season last year. Would suspect it could go either way this one. Seems like we do genuinely want him so maybe he will decide to come here with our links to brands. Looks likely. Good to see we’re getting on with our business as it’s definately the time to do so with the season drawing near- tho I can’t help but feel better loans may be available towards the end of the window and we should focus on perms for now. Doubt we’ll see anything happen till the training camp finishes next week either way mind.

We do need to find major signing replacements for Wilson and mount pretty sharpish mind. Those signings are vital

Archived