Kieran Dowell - Loan terminated; sent to Wigan

BagRam

2 hours ago, desirelines said:

Although the Dowell-Shinnie-Holmes triumvirate looks exciting in terms of going forward, I think there will be occasions when they get badly overrun by more muscular teams. I reckon a younger version of Bradley Johnson would fit in very nicely into that midfield three, and rotate Holmes/Dowell. 

Nobody’s going to run through Shinnie, he’s slight framed but he’s a pit bull and he’ll and a proper scrapper 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t think he’ll have much of an impact here. Just my gut feeling. Could be and hopefully will be totally wrong. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

I think I'll wait and see him play a few games for us before developing an opinion.

8 hours ago, Rampage said:

Not sure why we would want to develop Dowell and then send him back without the option to buy but I was fine with the three loans from Chelsea and Liverpool.

Cocu has his own plan and I suspect it will be better than that of the majority on here. PSV clips please. The plan remains the same depending on personnel available. 3windows to get his squad together and developed. 1to 3 year plan to develop our best youngsters.

10 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

And referring to Lawrence, Jozefzoon and Bennett as "explosive"? Jesus.

Poor old @Jourdan I like Dowell a lot but I've not seen a lot of him either. I guess the most reliable indicator for folk like me is feedback from the clubs he's played at and by and large, it's very positive.

Ref the above, I again have to defend @Jourdan as you've clearly not grasped the fact that the term 'explosive' was used in reference to the effect seeing their names on a teamsheet had on some DCFC Fans posters. Please see evidence below...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

I understand this may be unpalatable but if you can bring yourself to watch red dog goals and assists you can see what the new boy has in his locker. 

Can someone please summarise? I just can’t do it! 

11 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Do any of us have well informed opinions?

So as Derby fans, what makes my opinion less valid than anyone else’s?

Everyone makes snap judgements when a player signs.

But just because I am not over the moon with this signing, I am being singled out?

It remains to be seen just how good or bad Dowell will be. He could be fantastic and I’ll be flying over from Porto at Christmas dancing on the bar and leading the Kieran Dowell chant.

I really hope so.

I’m not singling you out. I was saying you’re right that you’re allowed an opinion, just that it isn’t informed. 

I hope he’s good too. I don’t remember him at Blades last year, do remember him scoring a couple for forest. 

Think we just need depth in that area and he’s the type of player Cocu thinks he can bring on. 

28 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m not singling you out. I was saying you’re right that you’re allowed an opinion, just that it isn’t informed. 

I hope he’s good too. I don’t remember him at Blades last year, do remember him scoring a couple for forest. 

Think we just need depth in that area and he’s the type of player Cocu thinks he can bring on. 

Cocu knows a good young player when he sees one.

18 hours ago, Derbados said:

Nobody’s going to run through Shinnie, he’s slight framed but he’s a pit bull and he’ll and a proper scrapper 

I also think it’s a myth that you need a clogger in midfield to prevent being overrun. We dominated the midfield battle in 13/14 with Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick.

15 hours ago, King Kevin said:

I understand this may be unpalatable but if you can bring yourself to watch red dog goals and assists you can see what the new boy has in his locker. 

I feel dirty.

Archived