Kieran Dowell - Loan terminated; sent to Wigan

BagRam

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big, big fan of Dowell. 

I really like technically gifted players above all else. Dowell is a player that I'm sure will flourish in the right role and the right club. I don't think Sheff Utd was the right move for him, but he'll be an excellent replacement for Mount. 

Old Phil's been quite busy hasn't he? Anyone else think him coming to Derby might have been in the offing rather longer than reported? Either that or he's been up all night for days studying player profiles and videos.

On thread, I quite like this lad based on admittedly limited evidence. Assuming we get anothe CB in, midfield is the absolute top priority this window to my mind, though I hope that if the right players are not available at the right prices, that we re patient enough to build over 2-3 windows. Cocu seems a calm and measured bloke though so not unduly worried we'll act like kids in the tuck shop a la Paul Clement.

We should also look to put in a permanent fee in the future. If he can transition from a player that does have a tendency to go missing and does struggle to implement himself in games to one that, considering his ability, can get his foot on the ball. He would be worth big money. 

He's currently at the stage Mount was when we first took him in, IMO. Mount quickly learned to get his foot on the ball, influence games and left Derby a considerably better player. Dowell can have the same impact. He's definitely a working progress, but it would be good to protect our investment in him, if possible. 

He was quality at Forest. Only played 600 or so minutes for Sheffield United compared to nearly 3000 for Forest so I'd take the stats from that spell rather than Sheffield United.

Would do very well and hopefully the relationship with the Everton guy will get this over the line.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Oh I forget to mention that he’s a good player who joins the midfield and attack together.

Sorry if the puns hidden, but sometimes you can’t see the wood for the trees.

I thought the joke was rather tennonuous myself.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Can remember him scoring a few for the Dogs but not playing much at Sheff U?

Everton kept him as an option for their first team, but it didn't transpire so he joined Sheff Utd in January. He mostly came off the bench, but he struggled in their system anyway. Wilder is a genius, but it must take a bit of getting used to - especially for the attacking CMs who are often used as diversions in their build up play. 

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Oh I forget to mention that he’s a good player who joins the midfield and attack together.

Sorry if the puns hidden, but sometimes you can’t see the wood for the trees.

Could be our Rod

Archived