Anya - not sure what to make of this...

Bill Curry

1 hour ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

I agree if it was about out and out talent but if that was the case I don't think Lawrence would be playing for us at all .... I find watching him play so frustrating. He squares up a full back and then... Nothing...

I think too many people judge Lawrence on this perception that he 'bottles it' against defenders - We've been a possession based football team for the last year - Oddly under Rowett he seemed to get criticised for losing the ball too often (because Rowett was all about hitting people hard and quick with the front 3)

Last season statistically Lawrence scored the 5th most goals, 3rd highest shots per game (so he is trying stuff), 4th highest key passes per game, second highest dribbles per game and had the highest 'bad control per game' (indicates players who get themselves into better positions/choose positions where they're taking the ball under more pressure - Mount, Marriott and Wilson also over 2 per game)

Running the channel for no reason whatsoever is what Camara did - And Anya can do - Getting into positions to cause the opposition damage in the middle of the pitch and creating chances for those around you is what Lawrence does

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/07/2019 at 23:23, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

What basis do you make this decision on? A garbage player would not have achieved what he did with Watford.... he hasn’t brought anything to Derby but not exactly had the opportunity... a few weeks after being signed by a manager they left. Was frozen out by everyone who followed.

Yep becasue they also thought he was garbage, or are all those managers wrong aswell? lol

On 15/07/2019 at 10:52, ThePrisoner said:

I mean this is clearly baalocks. Made up by people when they don't know what else it could be. The Anya one was floating around under Rowett and then he made an appearance.

Thorne will cost £12500 per match for the next 43 matches.

No idea about Anya and cannot find any credible source stating any add ons for his transfer.

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I think too many people judge Lawrence on this perception that he 'bottles it' against defenders - We've been a possession based football team for the last year - Oddly under Rowett he seemed to get criticised for losing the ball too often (because Rowett was all about hitting people hard and quick with the front 3)

Last season statistically Lawrence scored the 5th most goals, 3rd highest shots per game (so he is trying stuff), 4th highest key passes per game, second highest dribbles per game and had the highest 'bad control per game' (indicates players who get themselves into better positions/choose positions where they're taking the ball under more pressure - Mount, Marriott and Wilson also over 2 per game)

Running the channel for no reason whatsoever is what Camara did - And Anya can do - Getting into positions to cause the opposition damage in the middle of the pitch and creating chances for those around you is what Lawrence does

I agree there's an element of retention to it and him not been given the free reign to beat his full back but I also think if he had the confidence he'd ignore all managers and go for it regardless of tactics knowing he could still retain the ball with his ability. 

I don't think he attempts it less than other players as such I just don't think he does for his ability level. The number of times at pp I've seen him isolate his full back and been willing him to have a run at him and he doesn't is frustrating to say the least

14 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

I agree there's an element of retention to it and him not been given the free reign to beat his full back but I also think if he had the confidence he'd ignore all managers and go for it regardless of tactics knowing he could still retain the ball with his ability. 

I don't think he attempts it less than other players as such I just don't think he does for his ability level. The number of times at pp I've seen him isolate his full back and been willing him to have a run at him and he doesn't is frustrating to say the least

I think this is the thing for me - After he scores he's unplayable but he needs a manager who can inject confidence into him before games

I think Bennett is the same for me - Too often he takes the 'team player' option rather than going for it - I hark back always to the game when he tore Ashley Cole (in his prime) apart for 10-15 mins in a cup game - Back when he was a fearless 12 year old

32 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think this is the thing for me - After he scores he's unplayable but he needs a manager who can inject confidence into him before games

I think Bennett is the same for me - Too often he takes the 'team player' option rather than going for it - I hark back always to the game when he tore Ashley Cole (in his prime) apart for 10-15 mins in a cup game - Back when he was a fearless 12 year old

I think Lawrence has a little more skill and guile than Bennett though... Bennett plays at his best when he's an excitable puppy that just goes mad on the pitch and the opponent doesn't know what to do with him

15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thorne will cost £12500 per match for the next 43 matches.

No idea about Anya and cannot find any credible source stating any add ons for his transfer.

Is this legit?

4 minutes ago, Jram said:

Is this legit?

Yeh it was part of the deal that Rush put together, £12500 per appearance up to 100 appearances - was in the articles floating around the time we were at loggerheads with Rush after he left 

3 minutes ago, Jram said:

Is this legit?

Yes came out in the Sam Rush court case.

Thorne signing on fee was £2.75m plus £12500 per game started up to a maximum of £1.25m.

By my reckoning he has started 57 games for us so far, so still £12500 for another 43 games.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes came out in the Sam Rush court case.

Thorne signing on fee was £2.75m plus £12500 per game started up to a maximum of £1.25m.

By my reckoning he has started 57 games for us so far, so still £12500 for another 43 games.

Was it by start or just appearance?

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yeh it was part of the deal that Rush put together, £12500 per appearance up to 100 appearances - was in the financial result released a few years back I believe

Wow didn’t know that 

just done some quick mafs ... we’d owe half a million if he made 43 apps 

is this “as part of” of “on top of” the original fee of 2 million (?)

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Was it by start or just appearance?

"When George Thorne completed a permanent move from West Bromwich Albion to Derby in July 2014, Derby claim a deal was agreed by Mr Rush that meant, further to the £2.75m transfer fee, West Brom received an additional £12,500 every time he played up to a maximum of £1.25m. Derby claim that Mr Rush failed to disclose this."

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

"When George Thorne completed a permanent move from West Bromwich Albion to Derby in July 2014, Derby claim a deal was agreed by Mr Rush that meant, further to the £2.75m transfer fee, West Brom received an additional £12,500 every time he played up to a maximum of £1.25m. Derby claim that Mr Rush failed to disclose this."

Every time he plays, if that is the case he has played 61 times in all comps so 39 more to go. Stats according to transfermarkt. So we would have £487,500 left to pay WBA. If we can get him fully fit then for that price he isn't worth leaving out.

Although he is an expensive sub when he comes on for a few mins to see a game out

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So 4 millions max. Absolute snip compared to his ability.

Archived