Pre Season Friendly v Bristol City

RoyMac5

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

But isn't Dens Park ambiance worth the admission fee by itself?

Exactly.................I spent 90 minutes between admiring the terracing in the stand opposite their main stand and how their main stand reminded me of the Baseball Ground.

8 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Looks pretty much like a full XI to me. (As in, if we were to make no signings between now and the start of the season, this would be pretty much the team I'd expect to play, maybe besides Knight and dowell swapped)

If we can get 3 points tonight, then a point at Swansea on Tuesday, we just have to win at home to West Brom and I think it’ll be enough to finish 6th...oh ...’ang on a minute ?

Definitely think that's the strongest team for Cocu's system, though I perhaps may have started Evans with Keogh.

Interested to see who sits as the holding player between Hudds and Shinnidine Zidane.

Goes without saying but I couldn't care less about the result. City should beat us considering they've had a much longer pre-season. Just hoping to see us look a little sharper and play some nice stuff ??

Side note: that team announcement graphics are awful, please don’t tell me they’re what we’re using this season. Look amateur and I get oddly annoyed by things like that, hurts my eyes? Also dunno what the guys in the lighter shade are doing- coming off the bench? Starting the bounce? Booing Keogh from the sidelines? Who knows.

Back on point, cocu seems to have continued with what he sorta started in the first friendly, and is going with his best 11 to start with, rather than pissing around splitting them up between the two half teams for fitness. Exactly the right thing to do imo, start building the links between players who are likely to be playing together most in the season now, and get the players who are gonna play the biggest parts Used to the system that’s gonna be mainly used across the season. Glad he’s doing things this way in pre season, should get the system and link up play between players who are likely to be playing most in the season fluid so everyone’s on the same wavelength when things start properly. 

Think the 11 there emphasises we’re still weak in midfield and short of real quality there, more additions still needed there. Other than that, that’s probably the best we’ve got, although I’d have been tempted to reward Marriott for the other night with a chance to impress from the start here, think it’s slightly unfair Waghorn gets to start as he showed little. (You knew there had to be a complaint somewhere, wouldn’t be a match thread without it?)

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Side note: that team announcement graphics are awful, please don’t tell me they’re what we’re using this season. Look amateur and I get oddly annoyed by things like that, hurts my eyes? Also dunno what the guys in the lighter shade are doing- coming off the bench? Starting the bounce? Booing Keogh from the sidelines? Who knows.

Back on point, cocu seems to have continued with what he sorta started in the first friendly, and is going with his best 11 to start with, rather than pissing around splitting them up between the two half teams for fitness. Exactly the right thing to do imo, start building the links between players who are likely to be playing together most in the season now, and get the players who are gonna play the biggest parts Used to the system that’s gonna be mainly used across the season. Glad he’s doing things this way in pre season, should get the system and link up play between players who are likely to be playing most in the season fluid so everyone’s on the same wavelength when things start properly. 

Think the 11 there emphasises we’re still weak in midfield and short of real quality there, more additions still needed there. Other than that, that’s probably the best we’ve got, although I’d have been tempted to reward Marriott for the other night with a chance to impress from the start here, think it’s slightly unfair Waghorn gets to start as he showed little. (You knew there had to be a complaint somewhere, wouldn’t be a match thread without it?)

So you think Davies, Hudds, knight and Zoon are part of his best 11? God help us

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

There will be a different XI for the 2nd half. They're keeping Martin & Marriott back for the post-midnight crew to stop us dropping off to sleep.

Can we just skip the first half and start the second half straight away please? ?

39 minutes ago, Lander said:

(from a generic location abroad whilst definitely on holiday in a location that rhymes with teepee pen)

I give up. I can't think of anywhere that rhymes with teepee pen...

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

So you think Davies, Hudds, knight and Zoon are part of his best 11? God help us

They are at the moment, aside Knight but that’s because dowell won’t be fit and ready yet. Just shows how much work we have to do in the market yet, as I’ve said before.

Archived