Sign in to follow this  
SuperDerbySuperRams

Iván Cavaleiro - Joined Fulham

Posted (edited)
On 09/07/2019 at 20:20, EnigmaRam said:

£7 mil is what Wolves paid for him. No fee is mentioned on what they want

Yep, just checked this myself. Thought the fee cited sounded rather optimistic. I'd think anything around £10 mill would be a bargain but I fear even that may not be enough based on the Costa fee.

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can’t see this happening unless we sell Lawrence. 

Fund wise? Or you don't think we have room for another winger? Because if it's the latter I don't agree.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Fund wise? Or you don't think we have room for another winger? Because if it's the latter I don't agree.

Both want to play on the left meaning one of our two most expensive wingers will be on the bench or playing where they aren’t as comfortable. I think if we do sign a winger, it’ll be to play on the RW

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Both want to play on the left meaning one of our two most expensive wingers will be on the bench or playing where they aren’t as comfortable. I think if we do sign a winger, it’ll be to play on the RW

Lawrence was played multiple times on the right hasn't he? And he's played in the middle too, does it really make a huge difference? Lawrence's price doesn't really have any relevance in whether we want to sign Cavaleiro or not to me.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Can’t see it being a problem either way Johnson’s saved wages should cover his salary and the more quality wingers the better with Marriott Waghorn and Martin upfront 🙂 

1 minute ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Can’t see it being a problem either way Johnson’s saved wages should cover his salary and the more quality wingers the better with Marriott Waghorn and Martin upfront 🙂 

I mean I would like to sign him definitely, but surely would demand a fairly hefty loan fee? And if it's with an obligation to buy at the end, as with Costa, it would be around 15m I would have thought. 

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I would say loan fee of around 3m but I think they wanted 7m out right to buy him.

£7 mil is what they bought him for. No fee has been mentioned of what they want for a sale

6 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

£7 mil is what they bought him for. No fee has been mentioned of what they want for a sale

Just what I have seen somewere but not sure were I have seen it.

Would be a class signing if true, with him and the likes of Lawrence, Bennett & FloJo out wide and the creativity of Holmes, Dowell & Shinnie (hopefully) we would have a very dangerous attacking side to our team. 

What I would say to the above is that as well as Waghorn & Marriott, how much would Martin thrive with having 3 or 4 of the above mentioned players making runs off him!

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Would be a class signing if true, with him and the likes of Lawrence, Bennett & FloJo out wide and the creativity of Holmes, Dowell & Shinnie (hopefully) we would have a very dangerous attacking side to our team. 

What I would say to the above is that as well as Waghorn & Marriott, how much would Martin thrive with having 3 or 4 of the above mentioned players making runs off him!

If you’re expecting creativity out of Shinnie, you’ve got the wrong man. 

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Just what I have seen somewere but not sure were I have seen it.

25 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I saw it too they want 7m for him

Can you find the link?