Who looking forward to new season

B4ev6is

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Hopefully we will end up in League One for you buddy. 

I am hoping Cocu is more understated, but nonetheless successful, as our new leader. My sofa suffered excessive wear and tear with all that bouncing last season.

As long as you’re happy ??

To voice others, I'll be more excited when I start to see the squad sheet fill up. I think at the moment, we have a real possibility of half the matchday squad being academy graduates. It would be good to get a CB, 2CM and a couple of wingers in before we can feel confident. This is also under the proviso that we don't lose anyone important too. 

This is deja vu all over again. Every season fans become impatient without signings. Reckon he’ll be lining up some left field, metaphorically, very tidy players. The future sure is bright. 

15 hours ago, angieram said:

I'm trying to get excited but every time I come on here I read how unprepared we are, how we've not signed enough new players, how threadbare our squad is, how poor the players are who got us to Wembley last season and how we need to get rid of a shedload of players. 

I'm just confused. 

At my age confusion is a permanent state, so it’s nice to feel at home ?

19 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

I feel much more optimistic than I did a few weeks ago. Hopefully Cocu will be building on the style of football we enjoyed under Lampard and will not be making some of the tactical mistakes that were made. I actually feel that Cocu is an upgrade on Lampard due to his experience. All we need now are some decent loans or signings 2 possibly 3 and there will be no stopping us!

this.

a similar brand of football deployed but with naive tactics cut out...interested to see if Martin is used this season as he does offer something different to Waghorn and Marriott, I’d rather we get our money’s worth from the remainder of his contract rather than shipping him out on loan again. need a younger CB with pace as don’t like the idea of Keogh - Davies partnership, for all the experience, any striker with pace and power will cause those two all kinds of problems. hoping to see Max Lowe pushing Malone for that starting LB role too...any kind of impact close to what Bogle made last season would be a massive plus! need a creative ball playing midfielder too (maybe Cocu finds one in the eredivisie?) obviously strong links with PSV though no idea what kind of relationship he would have dealing with Ajax or Feyenoord over transfer targets? haha

Archived