First-year scholars confirmed

Stuniverse

Derby County have confirmed the 11 first-year scholars for this season's intake.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/07/new-scholars-confirmed-as-new-look-under-18s-squad-takes-shape

• Osazee Aghatise (previously Man City)
  • Max Bardell
  • Bartosz Cybulski
  • William Grewal-Pollard
  • Hugo Jinkinson
  • Alexander Matthews
  • Eno Nito
  • Andres Perez de Gracia
  • Jack Rogers
  • Harrison Solomon
  • Seb Thmpson (previously Liverpool)

Does anybody know what position they play?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stuartsays said:

Derby County have confirmed the 11 first-year scholars for this season's intake.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/07/new-scholars-confirmed-as-new-look-under-18s-squad-takes-shape

Does anybody know what position they play?

I don't know specifics but I know some general positions, which is how they're listed at this age group:

• Osazee Aghatise (previously Man City) - Forward
  • Max Bardell - Defender
  • Bartosz Cybulski - Forward
  • William Grewal-Pollard - Midfielder
  • Hugo Jinkinson (one of the best names ever imo) - Midfielder
  • Alexander Matthews - Midfielder 
  • Eno Nito - Midfielder
  • Andres Perez de Gracia - Defender
  • Jack Rogers - MIdfielder
  • Harrison Solomon - Forward
  • Seb Thmpson (previously Liverpool) - Midfielder
  •  

Once I've watched some U18 games this season I'll return with more specific positional information.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't know specifics but I know some general positions, which is how they're listed at this age group:

• Max Bardell - Defender
  • Eno Nito - Midfielder
  •  

Once I've watched some U18 games this season I'll return with more specific positional information.

Thanks @SaintRam. The U18s play their matches at Moor Farm, I think. Are those games open to the public?

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

• Max Bardell - Defender
  • Eno Nito - Midfielder
  •  

I am looking forward to this new Cocu style..No keeper and only two defenders...hold onto your hats boys!!

5 minutes ago, Stuartsays said:

Thanks @SaintRam. The U18s play their matches at Moor Farm, I think. Are those games open to the public?

Sometimes, I'm not sure to be honest - I used to attend U23 games quite frequently but not U18 games so much. Now all U23 games are on RamsTV and quite a few U18 games are as well, I barely attend at all. The wonders of accessibility! 

After their success, I'd expect even more, if not all, U18 games to be on RamsTV next season - so I'd keep an eye out if you're interested. 

Also following the academy account on twitter is probably the best way to find out information on public access to attend games - although be warned they're usually mid-week during working hours.

The DET had a short piece about Seb Thompson coming a few days ago. Was seen as a very hot prospect a few years ago, but might have lost his way a little plus it's obviously harder to break through into a team challenging for the Premier League and Champions League. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-liverpool-youngster-joins-Derby-3045483

20 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sometimes, I'm not sure to be honest - I used to attend U23 games quite frequently but not U18 games so much. Now all U23 games are on RamsTV and quite a few U18 games are as well, I barely attend at all. The wonders of accessibility! 

After their success, I'd expect even more, if not all, U18 games to be on RamsTV next season - so I'd keep an eye out if you're interested. 

Also following the academy account on twitter is probably the best way to find out information on public access to attend games - although be warned they're usually mid-week during working hours.

That should mean most on the forum are able to attend then. 

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

That should mean most on the forum are able to attend then. 

I can avoid work by being on this forum and still keep my job (or by watching U18 games on RamsTV). 

I can't leave the office to watch teenagers play football and keep my job ? 

U18 squad for this season

GKs: Halwax, Foster-Theniger

Defs: K MacDonald, Cashin, A Brown, Charles, Perez de Gracia, Bardell

Mids: L Thompson, Matthews, Nto, Jinkinson, Grewal-Pollard, Rogers, S Thompson

Forwards: Ebosele, Cybulski, Stretton, Aghatise, Soloman, Splatt

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

U18 squad for this season

GKs: Halwax, Foster-Theniger

Defs: K MacDonald, Cashin, A Brown, Charles, Perez de Gracia, Bardell

Mids: L Thompson, Matthews, Nto, Jinkinson, Grewal-Pollard, Rogers, S Thompson

Forwards: Ebosele, Cybulski, Stretton, Aghatise, Soloman, Splatt

Presume that's Archie Brown? And I gather Brown & Ebosele were playing above their age last season?

19 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Presume that's Archie Brown? And I gather Brown & Ebosele were playing above their age last season?

Correct. 

Youths typically spend 2 years in the U18s (The level below is U16s).Both keepers, MacDonald, Cashin, Brown, Charles, L Thompson, Ebosele and Stretton were all part of the squad last year. 

Sibley and Wilson too but they’ve jumped straight into the U23s/first team

Will be interesting to see what the academy’s produced this time, the last batch through the u18s weren’t half bad! Without doubt arguably the best team of youngsters we’ve had come through. Look forward to watching them and seeing what sort of potential they all have and who to get excited by- and indeed who may be a first team player at this level or above in the future.

Where they play though, no idea. Have to wait and see for most of them when ramstv puts a game on. 

Archived