Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BagRam

Leeds selling

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Roofe is all agent talk. 

12 months left on his contract and he's letting all and sundry know about it. 

He's using Rangers for 2 reasons:

1. Their fans lap up these transfer stories, it makes then think they are back in the big time. 

2. By suggesting Roofe might leave England for a "diddy league" causes his profile to be upped, gets him on the back pages.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's had a lower than expected offer of a new contract at Leeds and his agent has fired the 1st shots. 

Point 1 is not true, there may be some who think this, not the majority.  POINT 2 makes no sense, why would being linked with a diddy league raise the profile? Kemar Roofe will never be on the English back pages regardless if he was being linked with la Liga or the bundesliga 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

Point 1 is not true, there may be some who think this, not the majority.  POINT 2 makes no sense, why would being linked with a diddy league raise the profile? Kemar Roofe will never be on the English back pages regardless if he was being linked with la Liga or the 

Things must of changed down Govan way about signings then, fair enough. 

Dont agree abiut point 2, more people would talk about him going to the Scotish Premiership, ie how could he go there, what a waste, why cant we buy him etc..

If he was to go to La liga, Serie A etc people would shrug their shoulders and move onto something else. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Jansson is a truly good player - always been consistent since he signed for Leeds. Roofe went from looking like he was playing with a disability to a genuinely good player once he linked up with Bielsa. Cooper was the same as Roofe. They have a lot of players that perhaps should move on for big money prior to Bielsa leaving, because this is as good as it gets for them. 

They've brought in Costa who could turn out to be a masterstroke, but he's looked woeful since he had his injury. He was a disaster in the Championship then he was a disaster in the Premier League living off the first bit of form he showed when he came to Wolves. Bonatini was another doing the same, except he didn't need to get injured to suddenly turn awful. 

I think while Bielsa is there they will be competitive though, especially now he's had a taste of Championship football. 

Share this post


Link to post

I assume he’s been offered around lower prem and all the championship clubs.  

It’ll be nice to see him again next season.

Share this post


Link to post

Have we forgot how quickly Jansson melted away once Bennett & Marriott got in around him in the 2nd leg??  He was absolute poo...  Always been overrated IMHO...

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don’t remember Bennett & Marriott getting in around the Leeds bench?

You've got me there.  That's what I get for rushing through numerous pints before kick off

 oh no facepalm GIF

I still stand my assertion that he isn't as good as a lot of folk are making out.  

Share this post


Link to post

So it was leeds who decided to let jansson go when they saw the offer come in, rather than him actively seeking a move away or a falling out then. Interesting. Would’ve thought if they needed to raise cash there would’ve been other players they could sell Firth’s before selling someone as vital to them as jansson. Proper leader too, I’d have thought he be one they’d really want to keep hold of unless they got stupid money. Will be hard to replace at that. Bizzare decision.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

So it was leeds who decided to let jansson go when they saw the offer come in, rather than him actively seeking a move away or a falling out then. Interesting. Would’ve thought if they needed to raise cash there would’ve been other players they could sell Firth’s before selling someone as vital to them as jansson. Proper leader too, I’d have thought he be one they’d really want to keep hold of unless they got stupid money. Will be hard to replace at that. Bizzare decision.

Or Jansson would rather that story than the alternative version whereby both his manager and the rest of the team wanted him gone. I know which one I give more creedence to.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Or Jansson would rather that story than the alternative version whereby both his manager and the rest of the team wanted him gone. I know which one I give more creedence to.

Either way, their fans are in a bit of a meltdown about it, you know, funny...

Would've thought they'd have had numerous bids for Philips by now.  He appears to be their (peak) George Thorne, how me makes things tick.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Either way, their fans are in a bit of a meltdown about it, you know, funny...

Would've thought they'd have had numerous bids for Philips by now.  He appears to be their (peak) George Thorne, how me makes things tick.

For sure. Any day Leeds are in meltdown is a good day for me! Hate them more than any other club out there, including the great unwashed from down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Or Jansson would rather that story than the alternative version whereby both his manager and the rest of the team wanted him gone. I know which one I give more creedence to.

Perhaps, the other version initially published about his attitude problem made more sense. Don’t know why the media would write something for janssons sake mind

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Perhaps, the other version initially published about his attitude problem made more sense. Don’t know why the media would write something for janssons sake mind

Not sure they have buddy. The story I buy is that beginning with his meltdown at Villa, then his play-off loss antics, relations with Bielsa and other teammates have got progressively worse and worse to the point where he doesn't want to be there and they don't want him there either. The quote stating they needed cash was something he told a Swedish journo as I understand it and as proven by the Frank to Chelski saga, journos will lap up any old shizzle story fed to them.

Share this post


Link to post

Both is possible. Club needs to sell players for FFP, Jansson and Bielsa had a falling out via his translator. Knew there was interest in him so got rid. 

They say you shouldn’t make decisions whilst you’re angry, this might be one that comes back to kick his bucket.

Would imagine Phillips is the one they really want to keep, the prized asset who only a year left on his contract, not likely to see big money offers roll in for him. Selling Clarke and Jansson makes more sense.

Just need Frank to deny them loan players, wasn’t they after Clarke-Salter? 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not sure they have buddy. The story I buy is that beginning with his meltdown at Villa, then his play-off loss antics, relations with Bielsa and other teammates have got progressively worse and worse to the point where he doesn't want to be there and they don't want him there either. The quote stating they needed cash was something he told a Swedish journo as I understand it and as proven by the Frank to Chelski saga, journos will lap up any old shizzle story fed to them.

Yeah that’s the story I thought initially, his attitude problem pissed people off and he wanted out, the club agreed and made him available for transfer. I guess the media probably are just quoting jansson without any information themselves that what he’s saying is true. I suppose it could be true, but like you say it’s probably something he’s been told to say to cover the mess up a bit, so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.