Roos, Carson or a new senior keeper

superzak

14 minutes ago, Cocu_Doodle_Do said:

Kelle Roos. Our scapegoat.  Cant remember any mess ups for any goals conceded this season but seems like our fans are desperate for him to fail.

not saying he’s top quality for this league but the comments I am hearing all the time is just embarrassing. He palmed one over the bar today which was fine but some of our fans went mental.

Just feels like because of Wembley and because of him taking a fans favourite position in Carson he is targeted. How about we get behind him and appreciate all the years he’s been here waiting for his chance. Let’s give him the best opportunity to take it.

The only goal conceded today was from a good goalkeeping save but our fullback didn't know where he was, where his feet were and where the ball was, so ended up scoring an own goal with no attackers around him. Unfortunate but not the keeper's fault. Roos tried too be brave in dealing with the press but not taking stupid risks, and went long when he had to. He made a few good saves. In comparison the Leeds keeper looked a total liability when anything went near his box. I hate the scapegoating. Why do fans have to pick on someone all the time?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The only goal conceded today was from a good goalkeeping save but our fullback didn't know where he was, where his feet were and where the ball was, so ended up scoring an own goal with no attackers around him. Unfortunate but not the keeper's fault. Roos tried too be brave in dealing with the press but not taking stupid risks, and went long when he had to. He made a few good saves. In comparison the Leeds keeper looked a total liability when anything went near his box. I hate the scapegoating. Why do fans have to pick on someone all the time?

I'm not Roos biggest fan but jeez, he is world-class compared to Kiko.

6 hours ago, Spanish said:

This^

both Carson and Roos have gone backwards.  Coach change is needed

Dunno about Roos as he never looked like a championship goalie before, but Carson regressed worryingly last season it has to be said. Went from one of the bets goalies in the league to one of the worst. Obviously that was in no small part down to his distribution which has never been his strong point, it was just covered up previously by different styles of football. But I can’t ever remember it being as bad as it was last season, and his shot stopping dropped in quality dramatically. All of that could be down to a a number of causes so I don’t think we can blame given with any certainty and to call for a change is harsh, but you have to consider it as a potential issue.

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Amazing then that VAR wasn’t used, especially since we will soon be reviewing throw-ins on it. Worst addition to football in its history.

I think the trend is goalies can mostly challenge as they please, if another outfield player had jumped into an opponent like that it would certainly have been called imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its Hamer time...Roos may benefit  from being taken out the firing line for a game or two. The defence is so unsure with him dithering around at the back. He is no doubt a good shot stopper but with our useless defending from set pieces a goalkeeper who can catch a ball might help. As to whether Hamer is the answer or a new goalie in Jan im not sure.

44 minutes ago, superzak said:

I think its Hamer time...Roos may benefit  from being taken out the firing line for a game or two. The defence is so unsure with him dithering around at the back. He is no doubt a good shot stopper but with our useless defending from set pieces a goalkeeper who can catch a ball might help. As to whether Hamer is the answer or a new goalie in Jan im not sure.

The last one couldn’t catch either but he is deemed as our best keeper since poom!   Roos is a scapegoat 

Devils advocate suggests his low rating means his in that squad based on other goalies poor performances not his own outstanding ones....

Regardless, that’s another case of statistics never quite telling the true story of what you see with your own eyes. Think who scored has ratings too skewed in defence which leads to players getting higher ratings than they deserve at the back, and lower further forward. Still need a goalkeeper desperately, Roos slow decision making more than anything isn’t helping us atm. I’d give hamer a go out myself.

• 1 month later...

Archived