Roos, Carson or a new senior keeper

superzak

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

Said it last season say it again. Not good enough, doesn't command his area at all. Needs to be stood two steps back  towards the back post on corners. Its easier to come forward and collect than it is to go back. 

What is Given doing on the training ground ? 

He is the worst keeper in this devsion without doubt. 

Think you saw today probably clearer than ever before how dodgy Roos decision making is. Don’t know what’s going through his head sometimes when he comes rushing out, choosing to punch instead of catch etc etc. Shame because I actually think he’s got some decent shot stopping and short passing ability In him, but we can’t carry on with him flapping like he is- it’s cost us before and it’ll cost us again. I’ll be honest, from what I saw of hamer prior to his arrival here he looked a joke, but the couple of cup games he’s played in he’s made a couple of important saves. Gotta be worth a go to see what happens I think, though the recruitment team ducked up again not getting a new no1 in the summer. It’s needed in January.

Have to call givens coaching into question too, as I’d have thought decision making is something that can be worked on.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think you saw today probably clearer than ever before how dodgy Roos decision making is. Don’t know what’s going through his head sometimes when he comes rushing out, choosing to punch instead of catch etc etc. Shame because I actually think he’s got some decent shot stopping and short passing ability In him, but we can’t carry on with him flapping like he is- it’s cost us before and it’ll cost us again. I’ll be honest, from what I saw of hamer prior to his arrival here he looked a joke, but the couple of cup games he’s played in he’s made a couple of important saves. Gotta be worth a go to see what happens I think, though the recruitment team ducked up again not getting a new no1 in the summer. It’s needed in January.

Have to call givens coaching into question too, as I’d have thought decision making is something that can be worked on.

This^

both Carson and Roos have gone backwards.  Coach change is needed

Not replacing him shows how disasterous our summer market was

BUT its better to have a transition season than to panic buy and spend money on average players you cant get rid of (i.e Derby when we brought johnson and butterfield when hughes and bryson did their ACLS)

Shay Given is the new Kevin Phillips. A goalkeeping coach who manages to make our goalkeepers worse. 

Thought Roos did really well last season after breaking into the side. But he seems to have gone backwards again this season, and it's not only his role it's affecting, any defender will tell you they can't concentrate on their job properly if they've always got half an eye on their keeper. 

He needs to improve, or we should be looking to get someone in in Jan as first choice as by then he will have had a year or so in the first team to prove himself. 

He's got nice hair though. 

When a keeper isn't solid it spreads panic to the whole defence. Having a keeper they can trust spreads confidence. 

I blame the coaching. Bring back Steele he made our keepers at the time look awesome, he's also developed the likes of DeGea into the worlds best at the time 

Kelle Roos. Our scapegoat.  Cant remember any mess ups for any goals conceded this season but seems like our fans are desperate for him to fail.

not saying he’s top quality for this league but the comments I am hearing all the time is just embarrassing. He palmed one over the bar today which was fine but some of our fans went mental.

Just feels like because of Wembley and because of him taking a fans favourite position in Carson he is targeted. How about we get behind him and appreciate all the years he’s been here waiting for his chance. Let’s give him the best opportunity to take it.

13 minutes ago, Cocu_Doodle_Do said:

Just feels like because of Wembley and because of him taking a fans favourite position in Carson he is targeted. 

Err, before Wembley. Not to do with Carson. He's an average shotstopper. A goalie is key in the spine of any team. He's not good enough.

Archived