Roos, Carson or a new senior keeper

superzak

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d like a new keeper. Carson is having fitness issues, plus he’s out of contract next summer. Roos is a good system fit, but he’s not an outstanding talent. He can hold his own in this division, but I’m not convinced that he’s a keeper we should be pinning our hopes on as number one. 

I don’t like the idea of loaning a number one as good as Bachmann is, but it’s not my decision. Bachmann on a permanent deal would be a nice fit. 

9 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Do you think he is affordable ? Would be surprised if he is on less than £40k a week and possibly more given he was  an england international when he signed his last contract. 

Yep that could be a stumbling block but maybe ask him to lower his wages but give him a promotion bonus ....I don’t really know but he is the sort  of keeper I’d like .....he may be on large wages but if no one snaps him up a cheeky punt maybe a major coup 

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Roos had a performance similar to the Bristol City game today. Done himself no harm. 

Did the 'flash things' well, but didn't look so good flapping at a cross and letting an easy shot bounce off his chest. 

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I know no the modern trend is to have ball playing GK’s and CB’s but give me a GK who commands his box, who comes out and takes the ball and players alike and a dominant throw it all on the line CB any time.

Get one of those that is equally good at shot stopping in the Championship. Won't happen.

To be fair in Roos and Carson we have adequate keepers although they both have a similarity with Dracula, they dont like crosses.

If we do have more cash to use then it as to be to get a right winger in place who could return a few goals and assists now we have lost Wilson

Might get Jorden Ibe on a loan possible 

On 06/07/2019 at 22:41, reverendo de duivel said:

I'll be honest, Kelle has never convinced me he's not a mistake waiting to happen in every appearance he's made for us.

Carson every time for me.

I think I’m with you on that except that  Roos gets us on the attack more quickly and more precisely.....But one on one or a wonder save and I’d back Scotty every time.

Archived