Roos, Carson or a new senior keeper

superzak

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, superzak said:

Malone Lawrence and Bennett were interviewed in the latest vid from the states...i will give you the other 4 or 5 though lol

This one? 

That's Bogle not Bennett. 

New keeper for me. 

I would say Carson is a better keeper but If we are playing a similar style to last season with the ball at the keepers feet that just isn't his game. 

Roos I wouldn't want anywhere near. You really need to be able to catch.  That isn't just to do with the final since he got in he always punched.  I just don't have that confidence in him and feel he's always about to make a mistake.  However, he did very well generally when he came in and made few mistakes so what do I know. 

Roos was in the PSV academy with Cocu and had the shirt at the end of last season, plus we have continuity of goalkeeping coach. So Roos logically is in pole position. 

Carson was magnificent - utterly magnificent - for 2 seasons but then got injured, Roos did well and Carson struggled. Maybe he wasn't fit and was trying too hard. 

I'd make enquiries about Joe Hart but if not I think Roos starts with the shirt. Having good feet seems to be the thing now. 

I'd probably sell Carson if we get a good offer. There is a market for keepers at the moment with Bentley and Raya seemingly on the move.

Roos did well and at 27 is a good option.

That stupid rooster up at wembley cost us dear but he deserves another go. he's already a better keeper than Lee Grant, and most people were happy with him. 

The real question is who should be no2. We could hang on to Mitchell for a year whilst we scout someone else. Or is Ravas ready to step up. I hope so. 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Roos was in the PSV academy with Cocu and had the shirt at the end of last season, plus we have continuity of goalkeeping coach. So Roos logically is in pole position. 

Carson was magnificent - utterly magnificent - for 2 seasons but then got injured, Roos did well and Carson struggled. Maybe he wasn't fit and was trying too hard. 

I'd make enquiries about Joe Hart but if not I think Roos starts with the shirt. Having good feet seems to be the thing now. 

Nooooooo. Not Joe Hart!!! ....... Awful goalkeeper 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I'd probably sell Carson if we get a good offer. There is a market for keepers at the moment with Bentley and Raya seemingly on the move.

Roos did well and at 27 is a good option.

That stupid rooster up at wembley cost us dear but he deserves another go. he's already a better keeper than Lee Grant, and most people were happy with him. 

The real question is who should be no2. We could hang on to Mitchell for a year whilst we scout someone else. Or is Ravas ready to step up. I hope so. 

Lee Grant and happy just do not go together. Another awful goalkeeper 

A year ago I didn't think Roos was good enough for the first team, but his performances have shown he's a match for Carson, who is a quality championship keeper himself. With Given staying at the club, I hope Roos will make more progress this season.  

Id like a new keeper. Carson has been excellent for two seasons but wasn't at his best last year & rightly dropped

Roos needs to learn to come off his line. He's 6ft 5 or whatever the only one that can use his hands come out and collect crosses & command the area. Everytime there us is a corner he stands in his line & has little presence & command for such a big guy. Its frustrating 

The problem now in British football is the number of foreign keepers and coaches.We used too shake our heads at keepers in foreign sided who punched instead of caught a ball and now it is prevalent in the British game.

For this reason they do not dominate in their area and numerous goals come from punches and lack of technique and judgement of when to catch.

All our keepers at all levels suffer from the same they could learn from the Swedish women's keeper from yesterday who showed how to catch everything in the air.

Unbelievable the amount of posters writing off Carson, he got injured Roos got the shirt and kept it. But when push comes to shove you need to be able to trust your keeper. You need a keeper who commands his area *and* the defence - not Roos.

Carson is a tremendous keeper at this level and would not look out of place in the Prem. Both Steele and Zubi thought so too. If Roos was so great how come Mitchell was preferred as back up? Not yet convinced by Given, would like to hear what Carson has to say but that's not likely to happen.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

plus we have continuity of goalkeeping coach

I'm not convinced in this case that its a good thing. Our keepers, whilst not bad , are not exactly showing much improvement. I had hoped Givens would make a difference, but to my mind he is another ex-player trying rather unsuccessfully to be a coach.

Archived