Jacob Butterfield - signed for Luton Town

Ibby

11 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Completely agree then requirement for it to be substantiated is pointless... Theres some more credible links on twitter than most papers. Can't see why the title of the thread can't confirm what the source is like when it goes through and is completed. As more credible sources are added, replace with the most credible source until announced

CC216D33-6B1D-4262-9D50-080C1247298E.gif

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/07/2019 at 19:46, BaaLocks said:

Very much a surprise we'd let him go out on trial. It's the equivalent of letting someone take a Lada for a test drive. Sold as seen is the only way.

Can't see us selling,prob be free transfer and a saving on wages.

17 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Still think the sheff Wednesday comments came across poor and bitter... If it's a new managers tactics say so.... Don't make it about the club.

Why are we so precious? 'Going to a club who's footballing style suits me more' isn't a dig at the club it's clearly a dig at the manager of the club as he is responsible for the style... 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Why are we so precious? 'Going to a club who's footballing style suits me more' isn't a dig at the club it's clearly a dig at the manager of the club as he is responsible for the style... 

To be fair - He got brought in by Clement, suffered through Pearson and then experienced Rowett

During his time at the club he'd be fair to think it was Derby's footballing style which didn't suit him

17 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Good player at times. As with a lot of players we signed they had promise but with changing managers often some were not given much of a chance or didn’t fit the new system. 

A poor mark pembridge

18 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The "reputable journo" link thing is tricky. He went last Tuesday and I wondered about starting a thread, but had no source so ended up mentioning it in the Johnson new contract thread since by then Johnson had always gone up to talk with Blackburn. 

If the forum wants "scoops" is there a way to separate out official sources from stuff we hear? Maybe an Unsubstantiated Transfer Rumours thread? 

To be honest I’m personally not that interested in “scoops” and all this we were first to break the news stuff, reason being is the nonsense that comes with it. For every one person you have that has genuine information, you have 10 more that peddle rubbish for the attention.

I definitely don’t want to see this forum give attention to the bedroom dwellers on Twitter hiding behind FL Rumour accounts or Agent Barry.

We also have to be careful as transfer rumours lead to other rumours which have the potential to be libellous at times, with this forum being the “source”. Whilst if it’s written in the press, we’re simply discussing what’s in the news.

As you say it’s tricky, I thought about having some kind of verified system, but as we saw with MackworthRam and I’m not knocking him, but saying Moore was to be appointed. I don’t feel comfortable awarding verified ITK titles out, prefer you all to make your own choice of who to believe.  

We have a transfer suggestion topic which I have moved into the main board now, reason being is I think it’s confusing people what this board is for. But that topic has been pretty much used by the ITKer’s to post their info before anything comes out in the press.

27 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Blackburn midfield not going to be pretty is it....

I dunno. Mowbray gets his sides playing quite well, we never saw Butterfield playing his own position, but don't be surprised if he looks pretty good in a Mowbray side.

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I dunno. Mowbray gets his sides playing quite well, we never saw Butterfield playing his own position, but don't be surprised if he looks pretty good in a Mowbray side.

Agree with this. Dack practically out bossed our whole midfield last time we played them and adding Butters and Johnson will be a decent midfield for them.

23 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just out of interest where would u say his round hole is ??

joking aside we saw him play higher up and deep and for every moment of bit of promise and “this is his position” there was about 4-5 reminders that he’s just not good enough  

An average to ok player that thanks to Sam rush and his other vested interests Derby county payed way way over the odds for 

I wish I had seen him as a ten or even better the tip of a diamond, his strengths seem to be little passes and accurate daisy cutter shots from outside the box.

Definately a decent player in there somewhere, but no Will Hughes

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Think I’m in the minority here, I think that JB would suit the Cocu style of free flowing football. 

Disappointed that he isn't even being given an opportunity to show our new management team  exactly what he is capable of. 

Never really given a chance to shine here ?

He might not want the opportunity, was boo’d when he came on pre season last time so you wouldn’t blame him for wanting out.

Probably has the freedom to talk with other clubs which is easier when not out in Florida. These 12 month contracts which he, Blackman and Johnson signed never sounded like contracts they would be playing under. 

Help us out, whilst providing a fallback option of whilst you’re here, if they struggled to find new clubs.

I agree with that he was treated harshly by fans for some fairly moderate statements against the snake but I cannot agree with those saying he did not get enough opportunities. He played under several managers with several sytles of football and could not get into the team. This includes when out on loan. Opportunities are made by impressing in training. 

Still at least he tried to make things happen by going out on loan rather than sitting on the bench in the youth team with little intention of trying to restart his career elsewhere like Anya. I'd much rather save my ire for him.  

He started to become awful when he decided to watch Robbie Savage's highlight reel and start passing the ball sideways and backwards at every opportunity.

He was great when he first joined, and then he lost all confidence in his ability to do anything on the pitch. A complete passenger who offered nothing once he stopped scoring goals. 

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Think I’m in the minority here, I think that JB would suit the Cocu style of free flowing football. 

Disappointed that he isn't even being given an opportunity to show our new management team  exactly what he is capable of. 

Never really given a chance to shine here ?

54 minutes ago, David said:

He might not want the opportunity, was boo’d when he came on pre season last time so you wouldn’t blame him for wanting out.

Probably has the freedom to talk with other clubs which is easier when not out in Florida. These 12 month contracts which he, Blackman and Johnson signed never sounded like contracts they would be playing under. 

Help us out, whilst providing a fallback option of whilst you’re here, if they struggled to find new clubs.

I agree with both these statements

Archived