Jacob Butterfield - signed for Luton Town

Ibby

18 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Some towns are twinned with similar towns abroad, Luton is not twinned with anyone but it does have a suicide pact with Grimsby ?

Forgot about Grimsby. 

Had my cheekbone rearranged outside a chippy in Immingham on the the way home (with a brick) circa 92.

Robert Potterton was his name. Got about 3k in compo and invested it wisely in Beer and ladies.

From memory it wasn't just the beer that cost.

???

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ever the optimist. Thought we may get at least some of the millions back we lavished on him.

I imagine the contract extension he signed was more about moving his value on to this years accounts for FFP. Signed on lower terms on the agreement he can leave in a free. Same with BJ. 

Please, folks. Luton? M'Boro? Grimsby?

You're clearly forgetting European Capital of Culture Hull, and Milton Keynes, best described by Neil Gaiman as: "Milton Keynes is a new city approximately halfway between London and Birmingham. It was built to be modern, efficient, healthy, and, all in all, a pleasant place to live. Many Britons find this amusing."

12 hours ago, Taribo said:

I think we might need him after today

11 hours ago, Kyle guest said:

Losing today has really caused a massive overreaction

11 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

He'd certainly keep a few players on their toes.

when Shinnie came on v Rangers to those boos I had to take a another look to check whether it was actually Butters 

19 minutes ago, Spanish said:

when Shinnie came on v Rangers to those boos I had to take a another look to check whether it was actually Butters 

Was he that bad? ?

On 27/07/2019 at 23:26, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

Forgot about Grimsby. 

Had my cheekbone rearranged outside a chippy in Immingham on the the way home (with a brick) circa 92.

Robert Potterton was his name. Got about 3k in compo and invested it wisely in Beer and ladies.

From memory it wasn't just the beer that cost.

???

Always had trouble at Grimsby - must have been 1980/81 ish we went up there - massive fight after and in Lincoln 

loads of trouble on seafront also

them were days... Rams in the run third division 

10 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I imagine the contract extension he signed was more about moving his value on to this years accounts for FFP. Signed on lower terms on the agreement he can leave in a free.

This is indeed the case, with Butters, BJ and Blackman, they were given 1 year deals which involved them being paid more than the nothing they'd be getting as free agents but allows them to basically act as free agents... Thus going on trials ect trying to secure a proper deal elsewhere 

3 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Bottom line is that Bradford (his hometown club) dont even want him back and they were relegated!!

And yet it looks like he might be getting a move to Championship side Luton... 

I'm beginning to think that Butters' problem is his attitude and demeanour more than his ability. It seems like there's not a club in the country that wants to take him on despite the fact that he actually he's a decent player from a technical standpoint.

Archived