Sign in to follow this  
RedSox

Georgie Kinkladze

Bit like a modern day Stanley Matthews...or Arjen Robben without the pace..you knew exactly what he was going to do, but he did it anyway. Quick drop of the shoulder and he jinked away.  Too good and quick of mind for the rest of the team. 

Goal against Dirty Leeds when we were down to ten men and his display v Wimbledon in a 4-0 thumping remain in my mind. Glorious player with so much skill.

Didn't he once chip the goalkeeper with a penalty, or was that someone else? Outrageous skills?

I just remember a game against Newcastle. He beckoned the covering defender to him with a wink and a hand gesture and the silly pillock only did what Kinky asked and then he just slipped past him like my dog eats sausages 🤣. In a word ...

gifted 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Named my dog after this beautiful man, my dad still insists it was after Charlie George but for me, it was this genius.

I'd go with George too. Diplomatic  answer 

Edited by oldtimeram
Typo