Playoff Final Encounter with the Son of God

Redlandram

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

David icke is unfortunately quite genuine in his belief.

What's more sinister is he's sort of been manipulated and co-opted by less benevolent forces.

There's quite an interesting documentary about it, I'll try to find a link somewhere.

I don't doubt that he believes what he says but that doesn't make his theories about lizards and the like any more credible. It does however, support the supposition that his grasp on reality is tenuous at best. As for whether he is being co-opted, that I know nothing about but it's very sad if true.

I used to quite like @TroyDyer or even @Troy Dyer but not seen him posting for ages.

as for david icke i can't make him out. I did wonder whether he was suffering from paranoia, in which case his treatment of ridicule by the media - especially Wogan - was really poor. Is that really how we want to treat people with mental illness?

he has since woven an intricate conspiracy theory. Some of the stuff about the power brokers is quite reasonable and insightful. Other stuff - such as the moon is an alien spacecraft is frankly crackers. Sometimes its hard to tell whether he is entirely serious or has just found an audience and is making a living out of feeding the monster. 

However, i can't help but secretly admire his spirit and boldness. He has the brass neck to put himself out there. In some ways he is just another great British eccentric. 

But rather him than me. 

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I don't doubt that he believes what he says but that doesn't make his theories about lizards and the like any more credible. It does however, support the supposition that his grasp on reality is tenuous at best. As for whether he is being co-opted, that I know nothing about but it's very sad if true.

Boiled down to a bunch of neonazi types giving it "he says lizard, but he means jew" it's quite sad all round, I'll try to find a link when I get home, was quite an interest program.

22 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Wasn't aware you were the arbiter of what I am and am not allowed to comment on. Duly noted, but I'll retain the prerogative to comment how and where I see fit all the same. I could just as easily call out your hypocrisy as you could also have ignored my comments in the same way you suggest I could have ignored the thread, could you not. Clearly my dismissal of Icke hit a nerve with you as had it not we'd not be discussing him, would we? Furthermore, it was you that chose to engage on this, not me, I've merely responded to your posts as it's me that you've been citing continuously. As far as I'm aware, my original post was simply an observation on Icke and was not directed at anyone on the forum, least of all yourself.

Though it clearly is of little interest to you, my opinion, based on an admittedly small sample of The Son of God's outpourings, is that they are typically poorly constructed and ill-conceived regurgitations of of other people's theories around world power structures and disaster politics, often laced with such a high degree of idiocy that the remnants of the important messages become horribly diluted. I'm really not sure why I'm even bothering to explain this but I would say that if you wish to continue using Icke as a touchpoint for you own worldview, fill ya boots. I have literally no advice to offer in this regard, nor any wish to convert you or anyone else to my way of thinking. I was just expressing my thoughts on the man which I would have thought is the whole point of a forum in the first instance.

If you care to review the Chomsky lecture I've posted then perhaps my stance will become clearer but feel free not to as well. Your circus, your monkeys. 

Enjoy your evening.

Mate, you're creating or prolonging an argument that doesn't exist. We are allowed to disagree or have different views and it doesn't mean we need to be aggressive with it.

I'm not arguing with you. I didn't argue with you in the first place and I won't be arguing with you again on this.

I've had the occasional spliff and pancake in my time and not once did it make me react the way you're reacting to this. Typically it would make me laugh and want a trifle.

I'm watching your Chomsky video now and enjoying it. I'm grateful to you for posting it.

I've not listened to much of what this guy has had to say but he's gone right to the top of my Saturday evening listening. Of course I'm interested in your opinion otherwise I wouldn't have asked and I wouldn't be trying to calm the situation down.

The fact I've not heard too much of Chomsky probably shows you how poorly read I am on the whole. The more I can change that the better.

Again, I don't disagree that Icke is a bit strange but I found him to have views on certain subjects which I could find myself agreeing with.

No more, no less.

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I thought David Ike was Mostyns mates dad. Cant remember why I think that.... 

you think it because you're right.

It's also why I'm careful not to destroy his dad's personality. He's a real person, he's a real person who will have real feelings.

I never understood how troy could be so critical of a famous person in the public eye when it must have been incredibly difficult for him to sand by his old man in face of everything that was chucked at him. Even if a lot of the stuff was likley over exaggerated he still has to put up with it.

My respect for him changed and went up once I realised who he was but also when i realised the lad had achieved things and finished things and done things with his own life. It can't always have been easy to be labelled as the Son of the Son of God,

16 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

you were honestly aware that 306.000 kids in the UK were reported missing each year?

Or that the only countries without a central bank owned by the Rothchilds has either been invaded or ostracised by the US and it's allies?

Look at the list of countries with Central Banks, look at the list of countries who don't have central banks, look at tthe countries who have central banks recently and look at what happened prior to that bank "opening"

Fair enough if you knew that and it doesn't concern you even slightly.

Personally I left school at 15 without a qualification and I like to spend my time trying to familiarise myself with world issues.

If that means I've got to watch or read things YOU think are weird, so be it.

As for the bolded bit, how do you know that if you didn't watch or listen to him? I'm assuming at some point you must have either read or listened to his views, otherwise how did you get your knowledge of the lines of thought he espoused?

Credit Agencies are the new central banks they control everyone's finance without permission or governance. I have read somewhere that DI said this before Gordon's banking crisis of 2008. You can tak a lot of things he has id with a pinch of salt but somethings are more relevant than you think.

On 06/07/2019 at 20:12, RadioactiveWaste said:

David icke is unfortunately quite genuine in his belief.

What's more sinister is he's sort of been manipulated and co-opted by less benevolent forces.

There's quite an interesting documentary about it, I'll try to find a link somewhere.

True, Putin (or rather his sidekick Serkov) is a master of it. Promote and give air time to even the most radical of views so the public become confused and utterly disengaged with even attempting to sort the truth from the fiction. Boris did it recently with his "I paint buses" rant, make the headline so crazy that it's beyond challenging.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

True, Putin (or rather his sidekick Serkov) is a master of it. Promote and give air time to even the most radical of views so the public become confused and utterly disengaged with even attempting to sort the truth from the fiction. Boris did it recently with his "I paint buses" rant, make the headline so crazy that it's beyond challenging.

Adam Curtis fan?

On 06/07/2019 at 20:24, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I thought David Icke was Mostyns mates dad. Cant remember why I think that.... 

I happen to be very good friends with both of David's sons, Gareth and Jaymie, and both of their partners (who don't need naming). Both sons are credits to their parents, I trust both implicitly with my secrets, my mental issues, my ambitions and my thoughts. I don't agree with everything David Icke says, and I get the impression he pads out a 4 hour show with an hour of "filler" theories, and those filler theories discredit his good stuff.

In terms of the public perception of Icke, he has his character assassinated on Thatcher's request. Just think, if the public weren't so easily duped, Saville would've been stopped in the mid 80s, as would many others, and the world would be a safer place IMO.

It's very easy to say conspiracy theorists are nut jobs if you look at what the say is going to happen, but perhaps you should take a step back in time, see what he said was coming, see the reaction, then see what actually did happen!

On 06/07/2019 at 15:18, WHAT DO I GET said:

So he's got a snide customer id also!

I got him his ticket using my FAN ID I have with my Season ticket when they went on general sale. He comes to about 10-12 games a Season, used to take his son to the Baseball Ground to watch Shilton (Goalkeepers Union), both is sons live in Derby and one of them has represented on RAM TV.

Oh, and he Absolutely hates Richard Keogh

34 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I happen to be very good friends with both of David's sons, Gareth and Jaymie, and both of their partners (who don't need naming). Both sons are credits to their parents, I trust both implicitly with my secrets, my mental issues, my ambitions and my thoughts. I don't agree with everything David Icke says, and I get the impression he pads out a 4 hour show with an hour of "filler" theories, and those filler theories discredit his good stuff.

It's a weird one isn't it? I never understood why he pushed it so far. There is plenty of stuff he says that your average person will nod along to and maybe even have a moment of realisation over - but then it just becomes ridiculous, and said average person walks away. He could be up there with Chomsky if he tried, but my only conclusion is that he's realised there is a rich seam to be mined of people beyond the average joe who will be swept up along with it all and part with plenty of cash as a result. So he found his niche - the slightly batty conspiracy theorists with more money than sense

I follow Gareth on twitter as I like his music, fellow ram and agree with him on lots of stuff but strongly disagree with his anti-vaxing and anti-trans stuff. Thankfully he seems to have calmed down a bit since he had a kid.

29 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I follow Gareth on twitter as I like his music, fellow ram and agree with him on lots of stuff but strongly disagree with his anti-vaxing and anti-trans stuff.

he's not anti-trans. He anti the sexualisation of kids, anti the 14 year old trans boy running in races with 14 year old girls and winning. He's anti the being forced to accept everything as normal instead of just allowing people to be happy with what they're doing and isolating themselves as different. I know him very well and he's not anti much. He's anti-Israel though, and yes anti-forced vaccinations (mainly in America where some big pharma earn $$$$ per jab.

Anyway, hopefully one day he'll be back to speak for himself

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

he's not anti-trans. He anti the sexualisation of kids, anti the 14 year old trans boy running in races with 14 year old girls and winning. He's anti the being forced to accept everything as normal instead of just allowing people to be happy with what they're doing and isolating themselves as different. I know him very well and he's not anti much. He's anti-Israel though, and yes anti-forced vaccinations (mainly in America where some big pharma earn $$$$ per jab.

Actually I'm glad you say that because that's what I kind of figured. These aren't simple issues that can be expressed via the medium of Twitter very effectively. Twitter sucks - not least because it dumbs down people's messages into being perceived as pro/anti stuff. He must despair at some of the replies he gets. I have to stop reading them.

31 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Actually I'm glad you say that because that's what I kind of figured. These aren't simple issues that can be expressed via the medium of Twitter very effectively. Twitter sucks - not least because it dumbs down people's messages into being perceived as pro/anti stuff. He must despair at some of the replies he gets. I have to stop reading them.

It takes a bit of perseverance to realise that he's not such a bad egg after all. Perhaps not surprisingly some of his views are very controversial at least at first glance and it's only the fact I disliked him that made me look deeper into what he was saying and how he was saying it. He could certainly dish it out as much as he took it, but again I understand that. I think he's an intelligent lad who knows what buttons to press if he wants to piss somebody off. He certainly is able to grab your attention.

Much like some of the other threads we're discussing things on, he annoyed me so much I had to find out if I could find out why.

When you see he's written books, he's travelled extensively, he's played beach football for England, he's produced an album and I think he wrote the songs as well?

That's the actions of a talented and driven young lad, whether he's used his Dad's cash and fame to open doors or not, it doesn't matter and fair play anyway. Once you see the things he's achieved you have to have respect for that.

Anyway, I'm talking too much about a lad who might not want to be talked about in that way on a forum

Even though I don't know him, haven't met him and he hugely pissed me off for a couple of seasons, I learned to like him, weird bits n'all

Archived