Martin Skrtel - Joined Atalanta

Mafiabob

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you mean by a real leader that he sets an example then we've already got one of those. Think the story's nonsense - wouldn't be against signing him but it would have to be on realistic terms and nowhere near some of the figures I've seen.

Phillip Cocu is appointed Friday.

Reports come out of Turkey on Friday that we want to sign Martin Skrtel. 

Friday was also the first full day in Florida Cocu will have had with the players. 

I’m not concerned by wages, the thing that worries me you lot are even discussing the possibility. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Phillip Cocu is appointed Friday.

Reports come out of Turkey on Friday that we want to sign Martin Skrtel. 

Friday was also the first full day in Florida Cocu will have had with the players. 

I’m not concerned by wages, the thing that worries me you lot are even discussing the possibility. 

Discussions were held between Morris & Cocu before Friday so i'm pretty sure Cocu would be aware of positions we're short in numbers. Plus he said he studied some of our games last season so will know what he would like to add to it. Yes he can have a look in training at the likes of Martin, Thorne etc but other than really young players we have 2 natural centre backs so i'm sure he would be aware of this before meeting up with the squad so being interested in a centre back so soon isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Discussions were held between Morris & Cocu before Friday so i'm pretty sure Cocu would be aware of positions we're short in numbers. Plus he said he studied some of our games last season so will know what he would like to add to it. Yes he can have a look in training at the likes of Martin, Thorne etc but other than really young players we have 2 natural centre backs so i'm sure he would be aware of this before meeting up with the squad so being interested in a centre back so soon isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

You only need to look at the squad on paper to see we need centre backs, but watching on video is one thing, working with the players is another. He wouldn’t have seen much Davies watching last season either, so are we looking for a backup or a starting CB? That’s what this week will tell him.

Not buying this Skrtel talk at all.

They are back on the 14th, wouldn’t expect anything to happen until they get back. 

28 minutes ago, David said:

You only need to look at the squad on paper to see we need centre backs, but watching on video is one thing, working with the players is another. He wouldn’t have seen much Davies watching last season either, so are we looking for a backup or a starting CB? That’s what this week will tell him.

Not buying this Skrtel talk at all.

Fully agree - I suspect Skrtel's agent is trying to get him a move somewhere so got this rumour doing the rounds

Whilst we need CBs what we really need is young CBs - We already have two very decent old ones at this level

On 05/07/2019 at 17:39, JfR said:

No idea how much truth is in this, but I looked up Martin Skrtel and he has hair now, which would suggest that during his years at Liverpool it was of his own volition that he chose to look like a raging psychotic slaphead and not due to follicle deficiency
Image.jpg.d97970cbed9b64c7788a028af03cac17.jpg

My grandson ( a liverpool fan) and I both shout "ORC!!" when he made a header

Archived