Martin Skrtel - Joined Atalanta

Mafiabob

We definately need a couple of centre backs, and despite understanding people’s worries about his age, I personally like my centre backs experienced- means less costly errors. And he’s a good age for that. Always been a good player too and I’m sure he still is, very solid, reliable and consistent. I’d be happy with this one. Be surprised if he dropped to this level tho, he could still play at the top level abroad. Without speaking Turkish couldn’t tell you whether that article means it’s likely or not.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done some digging on Skrtel, and found this:

"Martin Skrtel wants 3.5 Million Euros (~£3.15m) a year and a two-year contract at Fenerbahce. Fenerbahce have told him a new contract will not be possible with these figures. Skrtel has not lowered his demands. This is the case now (27th June)."

If that's accurate and those would be his demands here, I would be very surprised to see him move here.

There's seemingly more substantial rumours that Gerrard wants him at Rangers, and has tried to get him twice before.

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There's seemingly more substantial rumours that Gerrard wants him at Rangers, and has tried to get him twice before.

Was about to say the same. I reckon it's his agent getting his name in the public domain for one last payday. 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I don’t think at his age his wages would be totally different to that of the departing Bradley Johnson

I’d be very surprised if Johnson wasn’t one of our top 2/3 earners 

On a one year deal he would certainly do a solid job at this level, would think he is better than both Keogh & Davies. We have lost the experience backup in Pearce/Ambrose so can see the reasoning behind it, 1yr deal would prevent blocking potential youth like Morris said too

Archived