Sheason long loans

hintonsboots

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, inter politics said:

How many loans can we have? There are quite a few viable options, I've picked out these for now:

• Marco van Ginkel, MF (strong, eye for goal, decent in the air too - abit Lampard/Gerrard-esque but has had injuries)
  • Tomori, DF (fairly speedy..)
  • Reece James, DF/MF (big fan)
  • Jake Clarke-Salter, DF
  • Dujon Sterling, DF
  • Billy Gilmour, MF
  • Juan Castillo, DF, Ian Maatsen DF, Daishawn Redan FW (Don't know much about these but all Dutch..)

I have to confess, in my ignorance, with the obvious exception of Tomori I know nothing about any of these. is it just me?

There’s probably an outside chance if Van Ginkel with him being out injured for the season. Might be difficult to shift for big money so a loan with a view to permanent maybe? 

I can see Tomori coming back on either a perm or loan. Either way we need a permanent new CB in as we’ve only got 2 recognised CBs and they are 34 and 35

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I have to confess, in my ignorance, with the obvious exception of Tomori I know nothing about any of these. is it just me?

Van Ginkel is an injury tormented Chelsea player, who seems to have been forgotten by Chelsea's senior operation as he's now 26, but has never been off their whirling loan conveyor belt.

Reece James was on loan at Wigan last year and I believe won their POTY award.

Jack Clarke-Slater was, I believe, last season's compulsory (seemingly, not actually) loan to Vitesse. As Mount was the season before. I don't know much of his ability, if I'm honest.

The rest I'm in a similar boat to you with.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

We need to get ready for a different mindset.

Something other than 433. Something other than waghorn and marriott. Something other than wilson and tomori.

it will be whatevver Phillip Cocu decides.

......and hopefully he won't be known as Phillip Cockup.

You best get used too 4-3-3 it is his favoured system but he has played 4-1-3+2  and 4-2--3-1  on occasions, 4-2-3-1 was his system in the last year at PSV

Perm any 3 from: Ampadu, Reece, Fikayo, van Ginkel and Wilson. My preference being the last 3. Them 3 plus a couple of shrewd signings sprinkled with one or two from the youth teams and it Derby County, Championship Winners 2019-20. 

COYR

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

There’s probably an outside chance if Van Ginkel with him being out injured for the season. Might be difficult to shift for big money so a loan with a view to permanent maybe? 

I can see Tomori coming back on either a perm or loan. Either way we need a permanent new CB in as we’ve only got 2 recognised CBs and they are 34 and 35

They won’t be happy with you adding years on, as they are 32 and 34. Get your point though, we should be looking at younger replacements. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Van Ginkel is an injury tormented Chelsea player, who seems to have been forgotten by Chelsea's senior operation as he's now 26, but has never been off their whirling loan conveyor belt.

Jack Clarke-Slater was, I believe, last season's compulsory (seemingly, not actually) loan to Vitesse. As Mount was the season before. I don't know much of his ability, if I'm honest.

Reece James was, by all accounts, absolutely outstanding last year. 

Isnt Clarke-Salter the captain for England U21s?

Billy Gilmour (below) is a midfielder who looks about 12 but is extremely highly regarded. However, I doubt he’s physically ready for Championship football this season.

5F42D173-160E-4DC5-B90E-AE331016C5AA.jpeg.7ef5e8941953ae5dc035b814f191e704.jpeg

19 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I completely understand the Tomori suggestions but if Keogh and Tomori are our first choice centre backs again this season we’re probably going to concede a lot from crosses and set pieces again.

I think we maybe have to look at how some of those crosses were allowed in to hit certain areas. 

I think a lot of the crosses were given too much time and space. Some crosses you can't stop but you can dictate a little bit where that cross can land

The full back that's on the opposite side was never too great at defending crosses either. Just like Tomori they'd switch off to their man attacking the ball and just kind of decide at what point (too late) they'd attack the ball. 

Tomori got better over the season though. Looked really composed and confident more often than not in the end.

The goals at Wembley will examples of crosses that the CB's can't be blamed for?

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think we maybe have to look at how some of those crosses were allowed in to hit certain areas. 

I think a lot of the crosses were given too much time and space. Some crosses you can't stop but you can dictate a little bit where that cross can land

The full back that's on the opposite side was never too great at defending crosses either. Just like Tomori they'd switch off to their man attacking the ball and just kind of decide at what point (too late) they'd attack the ball. 

Tomori got better over the season though. Looked really composed and confident more often than not in the end.

The goals at Wembley will examples of crosses that the CB's can't be blamed for?

Yeah granted the centre backs weren’t at fault for those 2 goals but there’s countless goals that they can be blamed for. The problem was because teams knew we were so weak at defending crosses they would cross from anywhere, as soon as they got a chance the ball was in our box. Doesn’t matter who your full backs are they weren’t going to stop the bombardment of crosses. 

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Clarke - Salter is the player Leeds are after, but are worried Frank will now block after the crying celebrations. Would be nice if Frank send him somewhere other than Leeds, but would only take him if we arent going for Tomori.

37 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Surely the thing to do is to go for players with championship experience.And not Dutch players that youve never seen play or youngersters on loan purely because they won some awards we have our own youngsters that fall into that category

The best team in the Championship last season had 3/4 British players in the starting 11, none of which fall under the category of experienced in the championship. The rest were foreigners. A good, well organised team with good players wins, no matter the ‘championship experience’.

And as Mel said in one of his interviews, if the youngsters are ready this year, great. If they aren’t, get other players on loan to fill the void for a year, then play the youngsters a year down the line, when they’re More ready, after a season out on loan/being a squad player etc. 

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Clarke - Salter is the player Leeds are after, but are worried Frank will now block after the crying celebrations. Would be nice if Frank send him somewhere other than Leeds, but would only take him if we arent going for Tomori.

oo I do hope Frank is that petty.

Archived