Director of Football

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Rampage said:

Difficult to understand how PC can accurately assess targets that Frank wanted.

The scouting team usually draw up a shortlist of players that fit a certain brief, and the manager takes a look at each report and makes the final decision. 

Can’t see Cocu having any issue assessing any players we’ve been looking at so far. The only difference is he’s not the one who’s identified which areas to strengthen and how. I’m sure he’ll have a better idea in a week or two and will be able to select targets from the list or adjust any searches accordingly. 

34 minutes ago, cosmic said:

The scouting team usually draw up a shortlist of players that fit a certain brief, and the manager takes a look at each report and makes the final decision. 

Can’t see Cocu having any issue assessing any players we’ve been looking at so far. The only difference is he’s not the one who’s identified which areas to strengthen and how. I’m sure he’ll have a better idea in a week or two and will be able to select targets from the list or adjust any searches accordingly. 

Manager will also have some of his own ideas on players he is comfortable with, trusts and rates. I doubt the scouting team threw the name of Ashley Cole to Frank and he said 'oh yeah....I know him' so it will be a merger of two sets of ideas. If the scouting team have a list of 3 centre back options you can be sure Cocu will have at least one or two of his own he will ask them to explore too.

Should be a very interesting few weeks. 

weird that having read this the other day, I turned on Sky Sports and EFL Goals was on, and it was showing the Birmingham v Derby game and Rosenior was absolutely brutal about Keogh for the Morrison goal. I turned over after a minute of him slating Keogh!

On 06/07/2019 at 00:48, Carl Sagan said:

Agree entirely. Surely there's already a ton of people already at the club who could fulfil the role of telling Philip about the Championship. Any of us could do it so I'd be alarmed if no one on the existing staff could. 

Exactly. 

At the interview:

Mel: I’m thinking of a football competition...it’s not the Premiership...but similar...Leeds play in it...still! 

LS: ermmm...Give us a clue?

Mel: you are a pundit for it sometimes...

LS: ...No...you’ve got me ...when you say “sometimes”, can you be more specific...

On 07/07/2019 at 22:27, Rampage said:

Difficult to understand how PC can accurately assess targets that Frank wanted.

Bloody hell I was all in on the Cocu love-in, but then you called him PC and now all I can think about is Paul Clement! There needs to be some way to very obviously define which PC you're talking about when using these initials.

If only he was Phillip Van Cocu, he'd be PVC and that would really stick in the mind.

13 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Bloody hell I was all in on the Cocu love-in, but then you called him PC and now all I can think about is Paul Clement! There needs to be some way to very obviously define which PC you're talking about when using these initials.

If only he was Phillip Van Cocu, he'd be PVC and that would really stick in the mind.

Cocu it is. I always try to be PC but it has gone to far.

Archived