Sign in to follow this  
Igor Igor Whats the Score?

Director of Football

26 minutes ago, Shang said:

I'm pretty sure that Mel said on the phone in that the person he bringing in doesn't necessarily have the coaching experience in the Championship but has knowledge of it. 

Doesn't sound like Mac III to me...

Maybe it could be Ashley Cole?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Sam Rush

Probably not, we've made such great progress without him😀😀

Edited by BOB BIGGS
Typo

3 hours ago, Taribo said:

Sir Jake of Buxton? Nowt betta ta tetch Cokwho how'd ta manage t'championship is there than a Mansfield lad is there ey @Owd miner ?

Tha's reet mi owd... one thing they would ger off me is passion.. 

Had on idea on this...

Does anyone else remember when we were reported to be after the guy who was Reading's Director of Football while Jaap Stam was the manager? I can't remember his name, he was Dutch though.

Could it be that we are exploring hiring him again?

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Had on idea on this...

Does anyone else remember when we were reported to be after the guy who was Reading's Director of Football while Jaap Stam was the manager? I can't remember his name, he was Dutch though.

Could it be that we are exploring hiring him again?

Brian Tevreden wasn't it? Took up the position as CEO at KSV Roeselare in Belgium last September.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/september/brian-tevreden-appointed-ceo-at-ksv-roeselare/

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Brian Tevreden wasn't it? Took up the position as CEO at KSV Roeselare in Belgium last September.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/september/brian-tevreden-appointed-ceo-at-ksv-roeselare/

That's the one! Nice find!

We were linked with him back in the day...

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fcs-brian-tevreden-wanted-12732574

9 hours ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Thought it was worthy of its own thread. Moore, McClaren, Cole......thoughts?

Appointing Cole would cause too much of a commotion. 

9 hours ago, Carnero said:

Thats what i thought he said... so it could just as easily mean an experienced coach then.

it sounded a temporary thing to me,which would make Michael Johnson ideal

I'm starting to think I've got a chance after all. 

Slide into my DMs, Mel, don't be shy. I know you've been looking 😉

Ashley Cole fits the profile Mel talked about and I seem to remember something cryptic about one of his tweets about are you again or something to that effect. Shaun Barker would be an inspirational addition - guy is a hero coming back after his injury.   I can’t see it being Mac after the Newcastle rubbish. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Mick L White said:

Ashley Cole fits the profile Mel talked about and I seem to remember something cryptic about one of his tweets about are you again or something to that effect. Shaun Barker would be an inspirational addition - guy is a hero coming back after his injury.   I can’t see it being Mac after the Newcastle rubbish. 

I'm not sure Ashley Cole fits the profile of bringing Championship knowledge.

He's spent less than 6 months in the Championship in his career.

What’s Robbie van Der Laan up to these days? Would he give up his role at Newcastle Town from the NPL to come home?

20 minutes ago, Amberram said:

It's Mick McCarthy, just spotted him in Halfords buying a tow bar.

See now that is someone who should have an intense knowledge of the Championship 😄