Director of Football

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Hasn't Michael Johnson got his degree in Sports Directorship? I'll go for him, if indeed we are to appoint DOF (has this been confirmed)

No I don't think confirmed, but Mel on Rd last night did say they were looking to have someone help Cocu get used to the championship

1 minute ago, rynny said:

I would say it has to be no one. I don't think Mel was on about a DOF yesterday, more a coach that has a lot of championship knowledge. 

This.

The structure isn't being changed, Mel wants a continuation from Lampard.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

No I don't think confirmed, but Mel on Rd last night did say they were looking to have someone help Cocu get used to the championship

Thats what i thought he said... so it could just as easily mean an experienced coach then.

I'd go with Johnno - I can't think of a coach, linked to Derby, who's been more immersed in Championship football for longer than he. 

Plus, a coaching role rather than an ambassadorial role alongside his job with Guyana would help further his career ambition. So it makes sense for him too.

Much as I’d like a DOF there hasn’t been any mention of one... just what sounds like an English coach. Who that could be is anyone’s guess. Doubt it’d be Moore or Mac, they’d get number one jobs. Maybe Cole is a possibility, tho he may play another year yet. Could be anyone cause it’s not someone who’s been on his coaching staff before, it’ll be someone new he’s taking on board his team.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Much as I’d like a DOF there hasn’t been any mention of one... just what sounds like an English coach. Who that could be is anyone’s guess. Doubt it’d be Moore or Mac, they’d get number one jobs. Maybe Cole is a possibility, tho he may play another year yet. Could be anyone cause it’s not someone who’s been on his coaching staff before, it’ll be someone new he’s taking on board his team.

so Nuge?

Just now, Smyth_18 said:

I'd like to put myself forward for the role, i've experienced championship football for the last ducking 17 years. (Yes i am including that premier league season.)

Perhaps collectively all of us on this site could fill the role.

God help us

6 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Redknapp? Mel's already close with him as has called on him for an older experienced head in the past, would surprise me to see him around just while Cocu gets his feet under the table. 

God please no

Amazing how listening to the same words can be interpreted in so many ways.

Even if we was looking to bring one in, Darren Moore and Ashley Cole really?

Moore has just had his first taste of management. Cole has just started doing his coaching badges. 

Archived