Radio Derby Phone-in

RoyMac5

3 hours ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

Once again, very impressed by Morris this evening. Sensible, down to earth and has a clear long term vision and  sound philosophy. 

Sounds like a meeting of minds between himself, Pearson and the Cocu camp. Very promising for the future...

Long term vision? ? Our track record with managers doesn’t lend well to the term “future vision”. We’ve had 7 managers since May 2015 (when Mel took fully over) and were is the vision there? 

If Phil is a success we’ll struggle to keep hold of him unless we go up. If we don’t make the playoffs most in PP will be booing him.  Don’t get me wrong Phil’s a great appointment, hats of to Mel and the club, but future vision / planning? 4 years? really? It BS, sadly modern football doesn’t cope with long term vision / planning, it’s all about instead success. Someone on the RD phone said “we’ll do a Wolves”, nice thought, but very doubtful. Good luck Phil x

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GenBr said:

I doubt it would be Eric Steele. Tonight sounded like the first time they had spoken since the worked here the last time. It sounds like whoever it is is already at an advanced stage.

Cant be Steele otherwise wouldnt Shay Given have gone?

iven have gone?

13 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Cant be Steele otherwise wouldnt Shay Given have gone?

iven have gone?

Shay Given is in Florida now with the team, posted an Instagram story at the airport in full Derby training wear

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be fair to Mel, with Rowett and Frank they were both pinched and he seems to have matured since the Clement/Dazwaz/Pearson/Mac2 couple of monster years...

I feel like Sam Rush’s facial hair bears some responsibility for those disasters

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

Your correct that is fake news, its 8 managers in 4 years and 2 months.

1. Schteve M, 2 The PE teacher, 3. Waffel, 4. Big Nig, 5. Chris Powell, 6. Scheteve M, 7, The Snake, 8. Frank.

It's a contrived figure that includes the one at the start and the one at the end, plus 2 interims/caretakers.

I could say that in the last 4 years and 1 month, the number of permanent managers is 5, of which 3 were sacked and 2 were taken by other clubs.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It's a contrived figure that includes the one at the start and the one at the end, plus 2 interims/caretakers.

I could say that in the last 4 years and 1 month, the number of permanent managers is 5. 

And blaming Mel or the citing it as a bad thing for the club for Rowett and Lampard leaving and adding to the figure is misleading. 

Your correct that is fake news, its 8 managers in 4 years and 2 months.

1. Schteve M, 2 The PE teacher, 3. Waffel, 4. Big Nig, 5. Chris Powell, 6. Scheteve M, 7, The Snake, 8. Frank.

Reads like a really bad dating record.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

And blaming Mel or the citing it as a bad thing for the club for Rowett and Lampard leaving and adding to the figure is misleading. 

Yeah.

We've not sacked a manager for 28 months... i'm not sure that there's too many Championship clubs that can say that.

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyone else like the chant that the woman made up or was it just me?

Lisa

I think it will be a chant by the time we play our first game

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyone else like the chant that the woman made up or was it just me?

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bloody hell, let me guess...was it a Sheffield Wednesday fan that posted it?

It was me who put it on here, I wasn't sure if to be annoyed or flattered when she sang it ?

Darling.. look, I promise I won't be cross... just tell me the best lovers you have had recently...

???

10 hours ago, Ramathorn said:

Random thought. Mel’s wording around something to happen in the next few days to help with the transition, he was quite guarded about giving too many clues. Perhaps it’s not just a coach, but perhaps it’s some investment _and_ a coach; lets face it, we’re a pretty attractive investment opportunity with Cocu at the wheel.

Now... who was it who earlier in the year was interested in buying a club and supposedly had investment from an unnamed group of investors ?

spacer.png

Let's do this!

Archived