Frank Lampard

David

This is your Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC watch thread, I’m sure some will say who cares, in fact I predict that very post to appear within the first few pages.

This isn’t click bait, you knew what to expect when you opened this thread. Naturally there will be interest by some in how he gets on, signings, results, etc. As there was last season with Gary Rowett at Stoke. 

His departure topics will rumble on for a few days over in the main board, but once it settles down if you post Chelsea are losing, or Frank’s done this and that in the Derby County Forum, this is where your topic/post will be merged into so those that have zero interest can move on.

His first game is away to Bohemians on Wednesday night, 7.45pm kick off. Doubt you’ll be able to miss it if you’re on social media.

Might be interesting for us to see which of their youngsters are included in pre season and those which look unlikely to be amongst the chosen ones. Would still love Tomori to come back, I don’t think that’s totally unrealistic either.

Liverpool Super Cup

Leicester H

Norwich A

Sheff U H

Wolves A

Liverpool H

Brighton H 

Southampton A

Newcastle H

Burnley A

Watford A

Palace H 

Their fixtures are quite nice in that for a team like Chelsea every hard game is followed by a chance to bounce back. It looks like all the games v their top 6 rivals are broken up 

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Liverpool Super Cup

Leicester H

Norwich A

Sheff U H

Wolves A

Liverpool H

Brighton H 

Southampton A

Newcastle H

Burnley A

Watford A

Palace H 

Their fixtures are quite nice in that for a team like Chelsea every hard game is followed by a chance to bounce back. It looks like all the games v their top 6 rivals are broken up 

They're away to Man Utd in the league before the Super Cup game against Liverpool

Just now, SaintRam said:

They're away to Man Utd in the league before the Super Cup game against Liverpool

Oh sorry! 

I thought that was a friendly. The fixtures I was looking at didn't show the competition. 

I wonder how United will look this season. Their days of dominating English football look well and truly gone. Is anyone anywhere fancying them to win the league? 

Press are gonna be all over this for weeks so expect this thread to be busy. Pretty easy first game as well to start pre season, they’ll hammer them and get everyone excited. Least we seem to still have a good relationship with Chelsea so should still be up there for loanees. Doubt we’ll get Tomori back tho now Lampard has got there, I think he’ll be involved.

Just now, Alpha said:

Oh sorry! 

I thought that was a friendly. The fixtures I was looking at didn't show the competition. 

I wonder how United will look this season. Their days of dominating English football look well and truly gone. Is anyone anywhere fancying them to win the league? 

No - but there huge weakness is their CBs - who have been complete cack, I'd go as far to say in the bottom 3 pairings in the league, for years. And somehow have never been improved upon. More so they keep giving Smalling/Jones new contracts, astoundingly.

If they managed to get Maguire, it'd be a huge hole filled for them, even if they overspent.

I think Chelsea, losing Hazard, need to aim for 4th as their big goal this year, and not be too upset with top 6. Even if Lampard does well, he's got a huge job trying to replace Hazard's quality with their youngsters, no matter how good they are.
Domestic cups are on the cards though. Again, assuming he does well.

On 04/07/2019 at 14:30, Alpha said:

Liverpool Super Cup

Leicester H

Norwich A

Sheff U H

Wolves A

Liverpool H

Brighton H 

Southampton A

Newcastle H

Burnley A

Watford A

Palace H 

He probably couldn't have hand picked a better set of fixtures if he'd tried.

I know anyone can beat anyone on their day (not strictly true and a bit of a cliche) but you'd expect him to get off to a good start looking at that list, then momentum is huge.

I hope he does well.

I'm assuming they're joking? 

The score is always irrelevant. I think he will be happy if he saw good quality from the youngsters and the first choice players took on board how he wants them to play but perhaps just gently ease their way to 100%. 

They'll be a lot of focus on his pre season but it's not fair. His journey doesn't start vs Bohemians