Frank Lampard

David

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched their highlights v Fo*est.

No idea whether this has been going on for a while, or only today, or only FA Cup, but what's the score with Chelsea's plain (Non-Sponsored) shirt fronts?

(And no... that ain't cockney rhyming slang!)

As mush as I dislike shirt sponsor logo's generally, those plain fronts do look a little... erm... plain!  Not sure if I like this much retro or not!  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just watched their highlights v Fo*est.

No idea whether this has been going on for a while, or only today, or only FA Cup, but what's the score with Chelsea's plain (Non-Sponsored) shirt fronts?

(And no... that ain't cockney rhyming slang!)

As mush as I dislike shirt sponsor logo's generally, those plain fronts do look a little... erm... plain!  Not sure if I like this much retro or not!  

Well sod yer then... I'll do my own bloody googling...

" ...to mark what is the 50th anniversary of the start of the cup run that led to Chelsea lifting the famous old trophy for the first, but thankfully not the only time..."

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/05/1970-in-today-prog

#I'll talk to myself, I'll talk to myse-el-elf.  My name is Mucker, I'll talk to myself.

• 1 month later...

Lampard inherited a pretty weak Chelsea team, and hasn't done a bad job with it. Chelsea just have unrealistically high expectations, particularly when Lampard hasn't had any money to spend there. Hope he can turn it around. That being said, might have been wise for Frank to have stayed here whilst he learned management more, now he seems to have rushed his opportunity at the Chelsea job, and I wonder where it leaves him if he gets fired.

Edited by Andicis

I know it probably shouldn't but it still irks me the way he and Chelski handled things. I was convinced he'd stay another year especially after he gave assurances to that effect. As it was it completely derailed our pre-season and left Cocu and his team with a mountain to climb. I understand the lure but still feel it was pretty disrespectful though I appreciate many feel otherwise. That said, I'm not hoping he fails, I'm just not that fussed about seeing him succeed.

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Lampard inherited a pretty weak Chelsea team, and hasn't done a bad job with it. Chelsea just have unrealistically high expectations, particularly when Lampard hasn't had any money to spend there. Hope he can turn it around. That being said, might have been wise for Frank to have stayed here whilst he learned management more, now he seems to have rushed his opportunity at the Chelsea job, and I wonder where it leaves him if he gets fired.

Leyton Orient

I would think he’d get the sack if they don’t qualify for the champions league, especially given Citys ban has made it even easier to do so. Chelsea are a side that expect to be challenging right at the very top given what they’ve won over the past decade or so, so anything less than top 4 really ain’t good enough. Obviously a push for the title isn’t realistic right now because of the dominance of Liverpool and City, so that has to be a more long term aim, but you have to say that given the teams around them, they really should be getting top 4 this season. 

15 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I thought the interview he gave to Jamie Redknapp was quite revealing, especially the bit where he asked Chelsea last January to take James on loan.

It wouldn't have been good for Bogle if he'd have joined.

He might well have put James in the middle of midfield. I believe that's what Wigan did, simply because he was too good at this level to stick at right back.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I would think he’d get the sack if they don’t qualify for the champions league, especially given Citys ban has made it even easier to do so. Chelsea are a side that expect to be challenging right at the very top given what they’ve won over the past decade or so, so anything less than top 4 really ain’t good enough. Obviously a push for the title isn’t realistic right now because of the dominance of Liverpool and City, so that has to be a more long term aim, but you have to say that given the teams around them, they really should be getting top 4 this season. 

Unlikely City’s ban will come into effect next season with them appealing it. 

10 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I know it probably shouldn't but it still irks me the way he and Chelski handled things. I was convinced he'd stay another year especially after he gave assurances to that effect. As it was it completely derailed our pre-season and left Cocu and his team with a mountain to climb. I understand the lure but still feel it was pretty disrespectful though I appreciate many feel otherwise. That said, I'm not hoping he fails, I'm just not that fussed about seeing him succeed.

If they miss out on the Champions League, and make a bad start to next season, he'll be out on his arse by October.  He'll end up another Roy Keane, could get another job, but the BBC/Sky money will be too cushy...  Anyway, swollocks to him...

16 hours ago, Andicis said:

6 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

If they miss out on the Champions League, and make a bad start to next season, he'll be out on his arse by October.  He'll end up another Roy Keane, could get another job, but the BBC/Sky money will be too cushy...  Anyway, swollocks to him...

A top 6 finish with us last season, reaching the 4th and 5th rounds of the cups.
This season:
     League - 4th
     FA Cup - 5th round vs Liverpool
     Carabao Cup - 4th round defeat to Man Utd
     Champions League - 1st knockout round vs Bayern
     UEFA Super Cup - penalty shootout defeat to Liverpool

He's had 2 decent seasons so far, whilst (from the outside looking in) promoting youth. At the very least he'll get a chance at a lower end Prem side, or top end Championship such as Norwich, Brighton, Swansea...

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A top 6 finish with us last season, reaching the 4th and 5th rounds of the cups.
This season:
     League - 4th
     FA Cup - 5th round vs Liverpool
     Carabao Cup - 4th round defeat to Man Utd
     Champions League - 1st knockout round vs Bayern
     UEFA Super Cup - penalty shootout defeat to Liverpool

He's had 2 decent seasons so far, whilst (from the outside looking in) promoting youth. At the very least he'll get a chance at a lower end Prem side, or top end Championship such as Norwich, Brighton, Swansea...

so, to sum that all up in one line..

he has won nothing