Frank Lampard

Day

0-4

Disappointing for the Pats but have been able to temper that disappointment with the discovery that St Pat's used to have an Irish International Centre Back called Keogh.  Seamus 'Shay' Keogh, spooky or what?

Edited by Will Hughes Hair
missed the fact he was a centre half

One of top stories on BBC sport “ Lampard first win as Chelsea boss” Bloody hell it’s only their second game under him and still preseason  Are we really going to have this every time Chelsea play now headlines about wins/ draws/  losses  Honestly talk  about journos needing column inches it’s going to be a long “Chelsea” season ?

On 12/07/2019 at 19:57, cosmic said:

How is that a newsworthy article. 

“A further 12 tweets appeared between the team announcement and kick-off, with a dozen supporters wading in on Lampard's team selection”

A whole dozen?!

Journalism is gone. 

The cynical part of me thinks their only real interest in getting him there in the first place was so they could tear him down once he was in situ. Journalism used to be a respectable trade but these days the majority of them are just pondlife.

5 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

The cynical part of me thinks their only real interest in getting him there in the first place was so they could tear him down once he was in situ. Journalism used to be a respectable trade but these days the majority of them are just pondlife.

Not quite sure how "respectable" it's ever been, but it did used to have some awareness of it's responsibility and influence. Journalistic value and integrity are just more collateral damage in the grand project to commodify every single thing that exists or can be convinced of. Clicks and $$$$ bro clicks and $$$$

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Posted 3 hours before you and you get all recognition...

six feet under my s GIF

4 hours ago, DazaDunn said:

I've had to steal this for Twitter! PM me your twitter and I'll credit you! ?

Guys I have to admit that I saw this on the wonder net, thought it was funny and posted it in here, I am so sorry @rynny that everyone found it so damn funny and that I ended up with all of those little likes instead of you, I have looked in this thread and can’t see it !

Edit ! How the hell is it now the post before my one ! I would deffo have seen that, @David is twisting our Mellon’s man !

life is a real stinker sometimes ?

Edited by loweman2
I am blind

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

Guys I have to admit that I saw this on the wonder net, thought it was funny and posted it in here, I am so sorry @rynny that everyone found it so damn funny and that I ended up with all of those little likes instead of you, I have looked in this thread and can’t see it !

I was joking, it is in the Frank Lampard's Chelsea thread over on the football section of the forum.

23 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Edit ! How the hell is it now the post before my one ! I would deffo have seen that, @David is twisting our Mellon’s man !

I haven’t been following the posts, just saw yours in the main board and moved it into the Lampard Chelsea topic over here.

Trying to keep it all in here now he’s gone. Let the other topic drop into the archives unless anything pops up about the move from Derby.

On 11/07/2019 at 09:50, TibshelfRam said:

The thing is, I'm not sure they are. I think a lot of them will be plastic fans who have a limited football knowledge.

The point is though, I don't honestly think that it will be long before the fans do turn on him. A couple of bad results, however inevitable we all know that to be for any manager, and they'll turn. Football fans are fickle, but I reckon Chelsea fans even more so. They turned on the best manager they ever had - twice! I have a sad feeling that this will all end in tears.

Oh, Frank, what have you done?

What? I admit we don't have the perfect fanbase and there's many things they can be criticised for which makes it all the more weird you've gone after us for the supposed treatment of the one person we gave all the love and support too unconditionally.

No Chelsea fan turned against Mourinho either time, first time round there was mass protests outside Stamford Bridge the day he left and the second time round 90% of the fans firmly believed it was the players fault and not Jose's, even the 10% (me being one of them) who saw through that weren't in any way disrespectful towards him and were still sad to see him go even though they knew it had to be done.

Yes a section turned against him while at United but what the media and rival fans conveniently ignore is the whole situation was started by him constantly lashing out at us. Every single ex Chelsea man who returned to The Bridge with rivals got a standing ovation on returning apart from him, there's a reason for that.

4 hours ago, Dancfc said:

What? I admit we don't have the perfect fanbase and there's many things they can be criticised for which makes it all the more weird you've gone after us for the supposed treatment of the one person we gave all the love and support too unconditionally.

No Chelsea fan turned against Mourinho either time, first time round there was mass protests outside Stamford Bridge the day he left and the second time round 90% of the fans firmly believed it was the players fault and not Jose's, even the 10% (me being one of them) who saw through that weren't in any way disrespectful towards him and were still sad to see him go even though they knew it had to be done.

Yes a section turned against him while at United but what the media and rival fans conveniently ignore is the whole situation was started by him constantly lashing out at us. Every single ex Chelsea man who returned to The Bridge with rivals got a standing ovation on returning apart from him, there's a reason for that.

If you reread my comments, you'll see that they were directed at the fact that those people who were calling for #lampardout would be 'plastic fans with limited football knowledge'.

Plenty of Chelsea "fans" turned on Mourinho but, as per what I've just said, I don't doubt for one minute that those were the "fans" who have chosen to support Chelsea in the past 15 years and know little about football.

But as the BBC Sport article demonstrates, football is know dominated by social media. I don't doubt that the true fans who turn up down the Bridge week in week out will back Lampard and actually know what they're talking about. But there are vocal "keyboard warriors" who have probably never even been to a game, who will turn - they are a reality at every club, but especially so at a huge commercial enterprise club like Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool etc.

If you like, you can read my original comments in the context that they were delivered based on the reply I gave to another poster. It was your plastic so called "fans" that I was commenting on, as I actually quoted at the time. But, whatever.

Things might be about to get even tougher for Frank. Transfer bans, Hazard nicking off to Real and now Kante crocked. It's not thought to be too serious at this point but they want him fit and firing for the start of the season which may not be feasible.

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard handed major N'Golo Kante injury blow ahead of new season

NEW Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has been with a major blow after midfielder N’Golo Kante suffered a setback in his recovery from his knee injury.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1155984/Chelsea-Frank-Lampard-N-Golo-Kante-injury-blow-Japan-tour-Premier-League