Sign in to follow this  
MackworthRamIsGod

No Sibley

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just asked the lad what happened and he responded straightaway to say someone made a mistake (presumably with his esta) so now he's having to wait till it's sorted. Hopefully won't be long.

Always someone else's fault innit,  kids eh..

Poor lad must be gutted. Missing a great chance to make a first impression. Hope he gets out there quick.

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I throught had to be 18 never been on a plain ever.

Different airlines have different rules, “unaccompanied minors” is what it is actually classified as.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just asked the lad what happened and he responded straightaway to say someone made a mistake (presumably with his esta) so now he's having to wait till it's sorted. Hopefully won't be long.

You can complete an ESTA on the day of travel these days.

1 hour ago, wyschtonram said:

You can complete an ESTA on the day of travel these days.

As has been said by several before hand in the thread, it can take several days, mine and my kids, girlfriend and hers took 3 days for some and 4 for others to come through so it isn't always instant!! 

Mine was back in a day because I had travelled to US previously, the first time travellers took the longest..... 

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

You know him?

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You know him?

Presume he’s asked on Instagram as he replies to fans 

3 hours ago, Rich84 said:

As has been said by several before hand in the thread, it can take several days, mine and my kids, girlfriend and hers took 3 days for some and 4 for others to come through so it isn't always instant!! 

Mine was back in a day because I had travelled to US previously, the first time travellers took the longest..... 

I did my daughters at Heathrow when she went a couple of years back.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/frequently-asked-questions-about-visa-waiver-program-vwp-and-electronic-system-travel

5CE3C3E8-ECE4-4715-8D87-9F5369578F7E.jpeg

Poor lad, must be a bit of a nightmare. Not easy getting into the US at the best of times- I was refused entry at LAX because they airline had typed my name onto the flight incorrectly last year and had to wait about 4 hours in a boiling hot airport lounge. Not fun times.

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I thought this sort of thing was what the role of the "Player Liaison Officer " was there for?

Sort stuff out rather than leaving it to the dimwitted players 🤣

Exactly - this is something that should be handled by the club surely, least for the kids. I'm guessing it will be moving forwards. Poor lad must be gutted.