No Sibley

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:
Waiting for his visa. 

Do they need a work visa to play in the US for training then? Normally if you're just visiting you just use the Visa waiver scheme

I guess maybe since he's paid to play football even if he's playing a friendly game out there it might count as working there?

Just now, cheron85 said:

Do they need a work visa to play in the US for training then? Normally if you're just visiting you just use the Visa waiver scheme

I guess maybe since he's paid to play football even if he's playing a friendly game out there it might count as working there?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:
Waiting for his visa.

Unless there is a ruling for training then no Visa is required.

He should only need an Esta which you can get online in 5 minutes

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm going to be campaigning for Sibley this season. I've seen him a few times and just love the way he plays the game - he's an absolute psychopath that can play ball! I think him breezing through the Arsenal midfield and defence from deep in his own half to set up the last goal in a huge win in the final only for him to give the goalkeeper a bit of stick is exactly the sort of player I want to watch on Saturday afternoons. 

I wasn’t there but from the highlights over the season (yeah, I know, highlights ?) he runs with the ball at frightening speed. Saw him giving stick to quite a few players as well. Maybe get Nuge back to teach him the art of doing it with a big grin on his face!

11 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Well I assumed that was Sibley's Insta, so perhaps you'd tell him he doesn't need one...? 

20 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Technically, they are working while over there. Even if it is just training. So maybe that puts them in a visa category.

Guessing (pure guess) Sibley sent his passport off to a third country to get a visa, stupidly not thinking he'd be on a plane to America with the first team. He's only 17. 

As it's an insta "story" you can't see comments in the same way you would if it were a regular post. 

Or it may be he was late applying for an ESTA. For frequent US travellers you get your approval instantly but I've known people who haven't gone to America before and it can take a few days, especially because they check your social media accounts nowadays. 

I spend 2-3 months every year travelling to America for work and you don't require special approval or a working visa - an ESTA is fine for a Rams training camp. 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

You don't need a visa to work over there anyway. You can travel for business and stay for 90 days.

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Guessing (pure guess) Sibley sent his passport off to a third country to get a visa, stupidly not thinking he'd be on a plane to America with the first team. He's only 17. 

1 minute ago, Sweetness34 said:

You don't need a visa to work over there anyway. You can travel for business and stay for 90 days.

1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

probs due to being under 18 or being illegible for an esta for some reason.

Nah lads - I smell a conspiracy

He's the illegitimate love child of a certain former businessman turned TV personality turned tango man turned politician who cannot be named for legal reasons - And they just had to check he wasn't planning to stay in the country

I can confirm that I completely fabricated this from a very reliable source

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think if under 18 they cant fly with out parent or guiden present while flying.

Actually B4, you can fly alone from the age of 12.

Ok. So

Anya, Butterfield, Blackman, all have not travelled with the squad. Pretty safe to assume they'll all be gone on frees or released within the next week or two.

Two injured players (Holmes/Wisdom) not gone, but it's been made clear why, so they'll be "under consideration".

Sibley seems to be headed over today/tomorrow, but no McAllister word - probably got his foot stuck on one of the airport conveyer belts and picked up an injury (I jest). Not sure what that means for him - probably won't be under serious consideration for the first team squad, is what I'd guess? 

Most interesting one for me is the inclusion of Thorne. Obviously, the decision of who goes on the training camp would have been made before Cocu was appointed, so it's not him, but he'll be running the rule over them. Only other player with a squad number (from last season) who didn't travel is Tyree Wilson - hence I'll put him in the same boat is McAllister.

Going by all this, the current squad:

Keepers:

Carson, Roos, Ravas, Mitchell. 4 seems like overkill - I suspect Carson or Roos are in a race for #1, and the loser may well look to leave. *If* neither does, then I'd hope one of the other 2 go out on loan.

Defenders:

Lowe, Malone, Forsyth, Keogh, Davies, Buchanan, Bogle, Wisdom, Mcdonald. I think we need Tomori back (or similar), as the main thing that set of defenders lacks is a pacey centre back *that is already ready for the first team*. There's also 4 left backs in that list (if you include Fozzy), so wouldn't be surprised to see one go... probably Forsyth or Lowe, with McDonald maybe going out on loan until January.

Midfielders:

Shinnie, Huddlestone, Holmes, Evans (also CB), Bird, Sibley, Thorne, Knight, Mitchell-Lawson. Only 3/4 with real experience at this level, which is a concern, of course. But there's some bright futures for Sibley/Bird etc. Depending on how we end up playing, I suspect we'll usually be utilising 3 midfielders. Probably, at first, Shinnie, Hudds, Holmes... but the real wild card here is if Thorne can get a full pre-season and impress Cocu... because if he could.... I'd be pleased, lets just say that. If not, though, I think he'll leave before the end of July. Reckon Sibley and Bird probably need to be loaned out to get some league 1 level experience, too. Also, as much as I like him.... I think we could potentially do better than Holmes as our creative outlet.

Forwards:

Lawrence, Waghorn, Marriott, Bennett, Josefzoon, Martin. I see no reason to get rid of Martin. He's different to the rest of what we have, and having him available to call on is not a bad thing. Yes, he's had a bad couple of years, but he can't be any worse than Nuge was last season. More than happy for him to have that role this season. Waghorn, Marriott, Lawrence will all be around the first team most weeks. It's just who plays where. Particularly the right side of a 3/right wing - Marriott and Waghorn have tried it previously, but it's not either's natural position, and I haven't seen enough from FloJo to impress me - I reckon we should sell him. This leaves Mr Bennett.... and I'm afraid, for me, he's better as a sub, and frankly, we should be looking for better options.

Going along these rough lines:

Release: Anya, Butterfield, Blackman

Sell: Zoon, Lowe!, Carson

Loan out: Bird, Sibley, Knight, Mitchell-Lawson, Macdonald, Wilson

First team squad: Roos, Malone, SIGNING(Davies for now), Keogh, Bogle, Shinnie, Huddlestone/Marriott (depending on formation), SIGNING (Holmes for now), Lawrence, SIGNING (Bennett for now), Waghorn.

Backup squad: Mitchell/Ravas (keep both), Forsyth, Davies, Buchanan, Wisdom, Evans, Thorne, Holmes, McAllister, Bennett, Martin (bold are the ones I'd have on the bench)

Archived