David

Pre Season Friendly v Sarasota Metropolis

No alarm bells, but we’re basically struggling to break down Mickleover Sports at the mo.

Posted (edited)

Tbf we look pretty decent apart from the final quality. Looking after the ball fairly well, and passing quickly and precisely on the ground through midfield in the main.

Edited by Millenniumram

Only watchingbon my phone so difficult to see who is playing. Most of the possession but very uninspiring in the final third so far.

Some of the passing is very rusty.

It always amazes me how you pick out the positives from the early preseason games

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Only watchingbon my phone so difficult to see who is playing. Most of the possession but very uninspiring in the final third so far.

Some of the passing is very rusty.

It always amazes me how you pick out the positives from the early preseason games

From the quality I couldn't make out who was playing... except for spaghetti legs-could make him out!

Have they got the microphone in a random shed? Swear I can hear doors opening and metal being moved around more than I can anything on the pitch.

35 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

We’re doing well but not sure how much of a test this is. They can’t keep the ball for more than 5 seconds, and that’s no exaggeration. Would probably be better playing the u23s. Or u18s.

Or my over 60s walking Football team. 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wonder who the older chap chatting to Cocu a lot at half time is.

This guy has been in deep conversation with Cocu for nearly the entire break. Must be someone important?

It’s impossible to read anything into this, good or bad.

It’s worth remembering that last pre-season, we tonked two Premier League sides and looked like promotion certainties in the process. How did that work out?

It just goes to show how misleading pre-season can be, if you view it as anything other than getting minutes under your belt and building fitness.

Cocu has only had 5-6 days with the players, so I’ll save any analysis for Swansea at home.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

Or my over 60s walking Football team. 

Do you play that?

I stop to watch it when I see it. Great idea