Pre Season Friendly v Sarasota Metropolis

Day

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, RamNut said:

Having watched the 8 mins of highlights once, there were definitely some positives.

• evans was hitting some nice passes out to the flank. He might yet turn out to be a really good signing if he can establish himself at centre back.
  • martin - some lovely layoffs
  • cocu - not trying to artifically shoehorn the second eleven into a 433 but playing something different that suited the players available.
  • marriott - keep scoring you little beauty and forcing the buggers to pick you.

Agreed on Evans

Lovely to see Marriott getting in the right positions again and nice to see Bennett going at defenders (think he needs constant reassurance/confidence building)

I'm reserving my potential joy but did anyone else think Thorne looked decent? Only watched the highlights but the first goal came from a ball he played (I think) to Martin and he played a couple of lovely cutting balls through their midfield - Plus a great interception in our half

If Thorne, Evans and Martin can get some form that's like 3 new signings in positions we'd need to spend decent money on to replace

16 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Agreed on Evans

Lovely to see Marriott getting in the right positions again and nice to see Bennett going at defenders (think he needs constant reassurance/confidence building)

I'm reserving my potential joy but did anyone else think Thorne looked decent? Only watched the highlights but the first goal came from a ball he played (I think) to Martin and he played a couple of lovely cutting balls through their midfield - Plus a great interception in our half

If Thorne, Evans and Martin can get some form that's like 3 new signings in positions we'd need to spend decent money on to replace

With out wishing to state the b**lding obvious (as i have been accused)  ?.

The match tomorrow night will be a better test to see just how CM and GT are playing.

Chris I personally think will be very good if we do decide to play to his style.  Any other and he will struggle.

I feel for George as I think his injuries have knocked his confidence somewhat (quite rightly as well). Not many players come back from one of his type of injuries let alone two.

He must think every time he goes for a tackle he is vulnerable.

Fingers crossed for both of them.

19 hours ago, David said:

Just to throw another possibility out there, he was in the area trying to do deals with other clubs out in the US, thought he would drop in, watch the game and see how Cocu is getting on with us?

Bit boring and leaves no room for speculation, but it’s possible.

You say that, but which scenario is most likely?

A. He's out there doing deals with US clubs in Florida for his Dutch client base. I can only see Inter Miami and Orlando City being suitable places in that corner of the States though for some Eredivisie players.

B. He's out there offering advice about available players that might improve our squad where it's needed. Letting Cocu know that player X would fit in well with the team and be an improvement on the current squad player.

C. He's out there to make sure his client, Cocu, is settling in nicely with his new team and just thought it would be good to fly a few thousand miles and sit there chatting in his ear throughout the match when Cocu should be studying his squad.

D. He wasn't really there and subsequent edits of the match highlights now don't feature him at all.

All wild speculation, I know, but something to chat about while we await some exciting signing news. I hope it's option B.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

You say that, but which scenario is most likely?

A. He's out there doing deals with US clubs in Florida for his Dutch client base. I can only see Inter Miami and Orlando City being suitable places in that corner of the States though for some Eredivisie players.

B. He's out there offering advice about available players that might improve our squad where it's needed. Letting Cocu know that player X would fit in well with the team and be an improvement on the current squad player.

C. He's out there to make sure his client, Cocu, is settling in nicely with his new team and just thought it would be good to fly a few thousand miles and sit there chatting in his ear throughout the match when Cocu should be studying his squad.

D. He wasn't really there and subsequent edits of the match highlights now don't feature him at all.

All wild speculation, I know, but something to chat about while we await some exciting signing news. I hope it's option B.

I prefer E which was my theory, only because I’m a little worn out by the endless lists of Dutch players we should sign as we look to replicate PSV team.

I’m not a total scrooge, but Dutch football is on Premier Sport/Free Sports potato, I have questions over how much people have seen of these players that are being suggested.

The idea that his agent is out in the US working with other clubs isn’t a wild theory either, plenty of clubs will be out in the US on training camps and pre season friendlies. It’s not like we’re the only club based in Outer Mongolia. 

Agents are on the road all the time, couple of hours to stop by one of your clients is nothing.

May have been a case where the question was asked what do you need whilst I’m here, I have X and X that are free if you’re interested....or even I know of X and X that are available, X club which I’m working with on another deal are in for him.

Doesn't have to be one of his players. It’s in the agents interest Cocu does well even if it means players outside his agency that can come in.

3 minutes ago, David said:

The idea that his agent is out in the US working with other clubs isn’t a wild theory either, plenty of clubs will be out in the US on training camps and pre season friendlies. 

Like us for example

We have some pretty decent players - No reason he wasn't there looking at a few of them for another team

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Like us for example

We have some pretty decent players - No reason he wasn't there looking at a few of them for another team

Another possibility right there, you’re right, agents can work on behalf of clubs shifting players. We will have players that Cocu hasn’t warmed to who may have been on the pitch. 

19 minutes ago, David said:

I prefer E which was my theory, only because I’m a little worn out by the endless lists of Dutch players we should sign as we look to replicate PSV team.

#AnnounceVanGinkel

#WelcomeKoopmeiners

#WilkommenVanBeek

?

9 minutes ago, David said:

Another possibility right there, you’re right, agents can work on behalf of clubs shifting players. We will have players that Cocu hasn’t warmed to who may have been on the pitch. 

Yep - I would imagine as an agent you'd get in early when a mate/client takes a new role - Quick "anyone you don't want let me know" and buzz off again

As Cocu is a new Manager at a club, his agent will know he will be looking to bring new players in and it is in his agents interests Cocu does well. As David said, probably sounding out what Cocu needs, position wise and fishing for availability of players he is an agent for.

On 11/07/2019 at 03:21, SaintRam said:

Seems like it was a right pain in the arse, glad I wasn't awake! ? 

I doubt the Bristol game will need any summarising, as it's free to all - but I'll be back for my own pre-season when the UK friendlies come around ?

Bet you voted leave. 

Archived