Pre Season Friendly v Sarasota Metropolis

David

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Mystery solved!

It's Rob Jansen. Football agent (think he might be Cocu's agent?) - works for Wasserman with their Netherlands players.

He represents some very impressive names in Holland: Kongolo, Van Ginkel, Jorgensen, Fer, Van Beek to name but a few...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/wasserman-netherlands-management/beraterfirma/berater/274

On Twitter, he's: @RobJansenWass 

I think he is Cocu's agent.

Although increases the levels of blind hope in getting Van Ginkel ? 

2 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

Felt for Mason with that miss, you could see it on his face he was gutted

Yeah, not like him ?

29 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think he is Cocu's agent.

Although increases the levels of blind hope in getting Van Ginkel ? 

PSV fans (via Reddit) don't seem to think Van Ginkel will be fit at all this season. So I wouldn't start hoping for him.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

PSV fans (via Reddit) don't seem to think Van Ginkel will be fit at all this season. So I wouldn't start hoping for him.

Judging by the list of players he represents, we could potentially be looking at players like Sven van Beek (CB - Feyenoord) and Teun Koopmeiners (CDM - AZ Alkmaar).

Tempted to say maybe Jorgensen (the Feyenoord striker) too, because he's more like the type of traditional 9 Cocu has used in the past, but I think he would be out of our price range unless we had a significant out. 

Just to throw another possibility out there, he was in the area trying to do deals with other clubs out in the US, thought he would drop in, watch the game and see how Cocu is getting on with us?

Bit boring and leaves no room for speculation, but it’s possible.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Judging by the list of players he represents, we could potentially be looking at players like Sven van Beek (CB - Feyenoord) and Teun Koopmeiners (CDM - AZ Alkmaar).

Tempted to say maybe Jorgensen (the Feyenoord striker) too, because he's more like the type of traditional 9 Cocu has used in the past, but I think he would be out of our price range unless we had a significant out. 

Koopmeiners looks decent, deep lying playmaker, nice left foot

2 minutes ago, David said:

Just to throw another possibility out there, he was in the area trying to do deals with other clubs, thought he would drop in, watch the game and see how Cocu is getting on with us?

Far too sensible!

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Mystery solved!

It's Rob Jansen. Football agent (think he might be Cocu's agent?) - works for Wasserman with their Netherlands players.

He represents some very impressive names in Holland: Kongolo, Van Ginkel, Jorgensen, Fer, Van Beek to name but a few...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/wasserman-netherlands-management/beraterfirma/berater/274

On Twitter, he's: @RobJansenWass 

???????? bergkamps agent as well.

get in there phil!

26 minutes ago, David said:

Just to throw another possibility out there, he was in the area trying to do deals with other clubs out in the US, thought he would drop in, watch the game and see how Cocu is getting on with us?

David, we prefer wild speculation as you know but you could be right yet again.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Yep, definitely a bit boring that. Will never see us through to the next game at the weekend. 

You'll have people starting new CM9 threads if your not careful!

2 hours ago, David said:

Genuinely doubt he was casually in the Tampa area doing deals... 

However, wouldn't it be realistic that he flew out with Cocu as he hadn't finalised his contract before he got there, and decided to stay for a few more days?

3 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Genuinely doubt he was casually in the Tampa area doing deals... 

However, wouldn't it be realistic that he flew out with Cocu as he hadn't finalised his contract before he got there, and decided to stay for a few more days?

By in the area I mean US where catching a 2hr flight isn’t that unusual.

Number of clubs will be out in the US in training camps, Bristol City being one that we play ourselves.

Having watched the 8 mins of highlights once, there were definitely some positives.

• evans was hitting some nice passes out to the flank. He might yet turn out to be a really good signing if he can establish himself at centre back.
  • martin - some lovely layoffs
  • cocu - not trying to artifically shoehorn the second eleven into a 433 but playing something different that suited the players available.
  • marriott - keep scoring you little beauty and forcing the buggers to pick you.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Having watched the 8 mins of highlights once, there were definitely some positives.

• evans was hitting some nice passes out to the flank. He might yet turn out to be a really good signing if he can establish himself at centre back.
  • martin - some lovely layoffs
  • cocu - not trying to artifically shoehorn the second eleven into a 433 but playing something different that suited the players available.
  • marriott - keep scoring you little beauty and forcing the buggers to pick you.

As lyrical as the great Graham Richards....?

1 hour ago, David said:

By in the area I mean US where catching a 2hr flight isn’t that unusual.

Number of clubs will be out in the US in training camps, Bristol City being one that we play ourselves.

I like my own theory and I'm sticking to it!

Archived