Pre Season Friendly v Sarasota Metropolis

David

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Carson, Roos, Mitchell

Bogle, Bateman, Richard Keogh, Davies, Buchanan, Forsyth, Malone, Lowe, Macdonald

Huddlestone, Shinnie, Evans, Thorne, Bird, Knight

Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Bennett, Mitchell-Lawson

Waghorn, Marriott, Martin, Whittaker.

Looks like we're taking Bateman as a RB. For those who don't know, he plays predominantly as a CB, but has played at RB and DM a number of times. Surprised to see Sibley miss out and Knight stepping in. It makes sense for us to keep the numbers at 6 for a 'CM' spot though.

Players missing: Ravas, Wisdom, Johnson, Butterfield, Holmes, Sibley, Anya, Blackman

Ravas and Sibley are probably staying behind to stay with the U23s. Wisdom and Holmes still injured(?). Johnson, Butterfield, Anya and Blackman hunting for a new club?

@Ghost of Cloughyou consistently provide some decent insight into the youth players that most aren't so aware of.

Thanks.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see Martin and Thorne going and others with no future at the club missing out.  Much as I rated both of them I couldn't see either getting into a FL team. 

On a different tack, anybody itk about how well Davies and Forsyth have recovered?

23 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I assume the players who got an extended break will be there in time for this game?

Wouldn't mind seeing us try Marriott and Waghorn up front together but based off of what people have said about Cocu, his favoured formation is 4-3-3, so with that in mind ....

1st half:

Roos

Bogle - Keogh - Buchanan - Lowe

Sibley - Huddlestone - Shinnie

Waghorn - Marriott - Lawrence

2nd half:

Carson

Wisdom - Davies - Forsyth - Malone

Bird - Johnson - Holmes

Bennett - Whittaker - Jozefzoon

That leaves the likes of Butterfield, Martin, Thorne, Blackman and Anya not involved. Most I assume will be on the look out for new clubs

When did we sell Evans?

I would like to see maybe have 443 formation say for this game love to see martin and Bennett togather and have Lawrence sitting behind them.

I like to see thorn play in defance midfield role and have shinne and jasion knight. 

But like to see how defance will it be high line or sitting back mopping up the preasure. But it would to have good to have different sides out to see were everyone is at.

What does everyone else think.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I would like to see maybe have 443 formation say for this game love to see martin and Bennett togather and have Lawrence sitting behind them.

I like to see thorn play in defance midfield role and have shinne and jasion knight. 

But like to see how defance will it be high line or sitting back mopping up the preasure. But it would to have good to have different sides out to see were everyone is at.

What does everyone else think.

Still pretty sure you can only have 11 men in the U.S for a 'soccer' match

Be interesting what happens with this because the weather has been torrential rain and storms. If there's storms, they may well interrupt the game or abandon it, they don't do sport outdoors in lightning over there.

On 04/07/2019 at 12:11, Cam the Ram said:

I assume the players who got an extended break will be there in time for this game?

Wouldn't mind seeing us try Marriott and Waghorn up front together but based off of what people have said about Cocu, his favoured formation is 4-3-3, so with that in mind ....

1st half:

Roos

Bogle - Keogh - Buchanan - Lowe

Sibley - Huddlestone - Shinnie

Waghorn - Marriott - Lawrence

2nd half:

Carson

Wisdom - Davies - Forsyth - Malone

Bird - Johnson - Holmes

Bennett - Whittaker - Jozefzoon

That leaves the likes of Butterfield, Martin, Thorne, Blackman and Anya not involved. Most I assume will be on the look out for new clubs

Huh??

It's probably safe to assume that coco will want to have a look at all of the senior p!Ayers he bothered to take over for pre season.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Be interesting what happens with this because the weather has been torrential rain and storms. If there's storms, they may well interrupt the game or abandon it, they don't do sport outdoors in lightning over there.

Wusses, but what did you expect from a nation where people have to dress up like Evel Knievel to play Rugby.

27 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Huh??

It's probably safe to assume that coco will want to have a look at all of the senior p!Ayers he bothered to take over for pre season.

image.png.59a09eff50eebfbf700ee677309ab0ab.png

This was posted before Cocu was even appointed, before Johnson left and before we even knew who would be travelling to Florida (hence my suggested teams including Wisdom and Holmes) .... but sure, it is very likely he will use the senior players who travelled.

On 05/07/2019 at 12:28, Curtains said:

Love Sarasota but Naples and  Key Largo and Key West are my favourite destinations 

just been to Naples for the upteenth time.  Also stayed at Sanibel which was ace.  Thinking of flying into Tampa next year as Miami is awful, 2 hours to get through the checks

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

This was posted before Cocu was even appointed, before Johnson left and before we even knew who would be travelling to Florida (hence my suggested teams including Wisdom and Holmes) .... but sure, it is very likely he will use the senior players who travelled.

Judge Kash has found you guilty of the crime that is not including Martin in your team.

Send him down!

33 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yes mate,saw it was an old one after I posted...sorry

Archived