Types of transfers?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So who do you think will be saleable or will go?

They are all saleable Roy, but not necessarily for value.

Fwiw I personally think as matters stand that we might be prepared to consider offers for ‘first teamers’:

Carson, Roos, Davies, Wisdom, Forsyth, Lowe, Huddlestone, Thorne, Anya, Butterfield, Martin, Jozefzoon, Bennett (probably missed one other).  We might also try to cash in on someone - e.g. Lawrence or Marriott.  The America trip will determine a lot for Cocu.

l think he will want 5 core new players - his players/picks - to be in the team come end of August.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

They are all saleable Roy, but not necessarily for value.

Fwiw I personally think as matters stand that we might be prepared to consider offers for ‘first teamers’:

Carson, Roos, Davies, Wisdom, Forsyth, Lowe, Huddlestone, Thorne, Anya, Butterfield, Martin, Jozefzoon, Bennett (probably missed one other).  We might also try to cash in on someone - e.g. Lawrence or Marriott.  The America trip will determine a lot for Cocu.

l think he will want 5 core new players - his players/picks - to be in the team come end of August.

I agree that all are saleable, but some aren't easily replaceable - we're still trying to replace Fozzie, not convinced by Malone tbh. Saw a silly tweet about Sheff U after Keogh!

Is that Cocu's modus operendi then, churn?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree that all are saleable, but some aren't easily replaceable - we're still trying to replace Fozzie, not convinced by Malone tbh. Saw a silly tweet about Sheff U after Keogh!

Is that Cocu's modus operendi then, churn?

Sorry Roy - bit busy with work, so can’t keep this going now. I don’t have any remarkable insight into Cocu’s objectives; just guesswork on my part. But we do know Morris wants to get the wage bill down significantly and none of the players l listed (nor Blackman - the one I forgot) are players base on recent performances that I would be too concerned seeing moved on.  If l was Cocu l think I would want a new nucleus of 5 good new players that would help implementation of the tactics and style he wishes to progress over the coming season.

I think there's cover / kids coming through in most areas other than centre back.

Moreover, what we have at centre back is lacking pace. I think Mount and Wilson were fantastic but I fear that we will miss Tomori the most.

I don't know what the transfer budget is but I would be tempted to blow it all in a bid to buy Tomori then build the team around him for the next few years.

He's young, still developing and rumours have it that Chelsea would sell (to Burnley!!!) for £15 mill.

Let's go through this by position: 

GK: Carson, Roos, Mitchell 

Carson probably had his worse season at Derby last year, his distribution leaves something to be desired and he rightfully lost his place in the team. However he is still more than a fine keeper at this level. Roos has good distribution and did well last season but seems to have a real silly moment in him now and again. 

Ideally I think we'd get a new number 1 who was clearly better than either Carson or Roos but that might cost a bit of money and Carson/Roos would be fine for next season. 

RB: Bogle, Wisdom 

Bogle has to be nailed on as first choice and you'd expect him to kick on from a good season for next year. I'm not convinced by Wisdom in a team that plays it out from the back but he's fine as back up. Wisdom might decide he wants to move on and in that case we'd probably have to look to bring in back up.

CB: Keogh, Davies, Evans, Wisdom

Little bit light on the ground here and I'm a bit wary of a Keogh/Davies first choice if we play a high line. Evans did well when called upon last season and I wouldn't be surprised if Cocu converts him to CB but it's yet to be seen how that goes. Wisdom can also cover and personally I think it might be his better position. 

We could end up finding the answer we want within the squad here but I'd say we probably need to bring one in here.

LB: Forsyth, Malone, Lowe, Shinnie

Stacked in terms of depth and have got more than enough quality here. One of Fozzy or Malone may be let go if Lowe kicks on as I wouldn't be surprised if this is the season Lowe really breaks through. But no worries here. 

DM: Shinnie, Huddlestone, Evans, Bird, Thorne 

Another position we seem loaded up on and there is a suggestion Cocu won't even play with a traditional DM. Don't think we need anymore here and wouldn't be surprised if we listen to offers for Huddlestone And Thorne.

CM: Holmes, Sibley 

Listed Sibley as a few people are suggesting he looks ready but I don't know anything about him. Clearly the current thinnest area in the team. Holmes looks good as a first choice but we need minimum one new player to accompany him and I'd be more comfortable with 2 coming in.

WF: Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Bennett, Waghorn, Holmes 

Listed all the wide forwards together because they've all played either side. Look a little thin here especially if Holmes is more looked at for midfield and Waghorn more looked at for CF as I suspect will happen. Not sure if there is an academy prospects banging on the door here but otherwise I'd say we could do with a player here; ideally a left footed right sided player.

CF: Waghorn, Mariott, Martin, Bennett

Spoilt for choice here and have more than enough to go into the season with. If Martin wants to move on (I actually think there is a small chance he ends up as first choice) then we might look at recruiting but it's probably not necessary.

So overall:

Need: 1 CM

Would be good: 1 CB, 2 CM, 1 RW

Ideal: 1 GK, 1 CB, 2 CM, 1 RW

Archived