Types of transfers?

5 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Just to hijack the thread somewhat, how would people feel about us selling someone like Bogle for example at the £15-20 Mill bracket to fund incomings for Cocu? 

I wouldn’t mind if that was the case. He is a fantastic player do not get me wrong and could potentially be a player that is involved in International Fixtures.

Could you replace him for £15 million this second ? Maybe you can, who knows. That’s what the manager gets paid for I suppose 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Kennington Ram said:

Suspect we will end up with two Chelsea loans. 

Tomori I reckon will get a shot at breaking into their squad... so maybe Clarke-Salter or Ampadu will be going out on loan in defence... And then in midfield we're potentially very short of bodies, so I'd guess someone like Luke McCormick as well - talented but unblooded in competitive football.

I think we'll splash the cash on two players to try and replace Harry Wilson, as it's quite a few goals to lose. 

I live just outside of Exeter and go to a few of their games a season. Seen ampadu a fair bitand honestly, he'd be a quality signing for anyone at this level

1 hour ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

But Sussex doesn't have the majority of British cities.....

So you're saying that if 75% of the major cities in England were in Sussex, you'd be happy with foreigners referring to England as Sussex?

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Listening to Mel it sounds like permanent signings aren't high on their agenda as they don't want to block the route for the youth players.

Surely cocu wouldnt have accepted this job if there wasnt a budget to replace mount, tomori and wilson

11 hours ago, David said:

Frank’s shortlist will be handed to Cocu, that’s what we had planned, see what you think.

Which will no doubt be unceremoniously put through the shredder. Lampard is an amateur in comparison Cocu, who will have different and better ideas on bolstering the squad. Interesting few months ahead. 

7 minutes ago, europia said:

Which will no doubt be unceremoniously put through the shredder. Lampard is an amateur in comparison Cocu, who will have different and better ideas on bolstering the squad. Interesting few months ahead. 

Disagree. With them out in Florida until the 14th which leaves 3 weeks left until the start of the season, that's not enough time to start of scratch and do background checks and possible availability on a new list of players. 

I also think it's a tad harsh on Lampard and unnecessary dig, we have a scouting team which will have been working for months in advance identifying players. It's unlikely to be a list drawn up by Frank himself one night after a few pints and a kebab with Jody, but the scouts that have remained at the club.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Disagree. With them out in Florida until the 14th which leaves 3 weeks left until the start of the season, that's not enough time to start of scratch and do background checks and possible availability on a new list of players. 

I also think it's a tad harsh on Lampard and unnecessary dig, we have a scouting team which will have been working for months in advance identifying players. It's unlikely to be a list drawn up by Frank himself one night after a few pints and a kebab with Jody, but the scouts that have remained at the club.

Perhaps, but I expect Cocu would be looking in a completely different kebab shop, and be well aware of what's on the menu.

The takeaway from the Mel interview was that we're a week or so from hitting the transfer market, but judging by Cocu's previous signings I would expect our biggest signing to be an attacking midfielder possibly from South America.

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The takeaway from the Mel interview was that we're a week or so from hitting the transfer market, but judging by Cocu's previous signings I would expect our biggest signing to be an attacking midfielder possibly from South America.

South American? Interesting, what with the work permit rules, we would be looking at full internationals. Does Coutinho count? 

Just now, David said:

South American? Interesting, what with the work permit rules, we would be looking at full internationals. Does Coutinho count? 

I didn't think of the work permit rules, but I just based it on the fact Cocu likes South American attacking players when spending good money. We'll have to make do with Wilson and Tomori I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I didn't think of the work permit rules, but I just based it on the fact Cocu likes South American attacking players when spending good money. We'll have to make do with Wilson and Tomori I guess. 

As you say though I expect us too hit the market when they return from Florida, not enough time for Cocu to not only assess what we have and need, but work with the scouts on a new list of players. You've seen the war room, they will have a loaded laptop with all kinds of data on players we've been looking at. They also run background checks into players personalities, life off the pitch to see if we will have any issues integrating them in the dressing room.

Not sure on the rules over in Netherlands but South American market is a tricky one for us, you would be looking at the likes of Bolivian full internationals if we went that way, and we know from the last fans forums the club have no real scouting setup outside the UK, hence he ones we did pick up Camara and Albentosa didn't exactly work out.

Wouldn't be surprised if we made moves into the Dutch market before the end of the year, have a couple of guys on the ground over there. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

As you say though I expect us too hit the market when they return from Florida, not enough time for Cocu to not only assess what we have and need, but work with the scouts on a new list of players. You've seen the war room, they will have a loaded laptop with all kinds of data on players we've been looking at. They also run background checks into players personalities, life off the pitch to see if we will have any issues integrating them in the dressing room.

Not sure on the rules over in Netherlands but South American market is a tricky one for us, you would be looking at the likes of Bolivian full internationals if we went that way, and we know from the last fans forums the club have no real scouting setup outside the UK, hence he ones we did pick up Camara and Albentosa didn't exactly work out.

Wouldn't be surprised if we made moves into the Dutch market before the end of the year, have a couple of guys on the ground over there. 

It's a good point, I'd imagine a good proportion of our signings will probably be loans. Mel hinted that we'd get first dibs on Chelsea players, so that should stand us in good stead. Van Ginkel, I would say is nailed on with our manager being Cocu and Lampard going with Mount. I guess from Cocu's point of view he will just trust the scouts to put forward the best candidates for his system rather than him pick players out. As long as we aren't waiting until the end of the window to raid Watford again for their backup players, it won't be the worst window we've had in years! 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's a good point, I'd imagine a good proportion of our signings will probably be loans. Mel hinted that we'd get first dibs on Chelsea players, so that should stand us in good stead. Van Ginkel, I would say is nailed on with our manager being Cocu and Lampard going with Mount. I guess from Cocu's point of view he will just trust the scouts to put forward the best candidates for his system rather than him pick players out. As long as we aren't waiting until the end of the window to raid Watford again for their backup players, it won't be the worst window we've had in years! 

Van Ginkel is out of contract in the summer, if he was to go out on loan I would expect to see him sign a new deal first. 27 in December though you would forgive him for thinking he will never make it at Chelsea and feel it's time to move on permanently, which would put him out of reach for us.

Have be cautious laying serious money down on a player that has struggled with injuries for a while now.

There is no better feeling than waking up to news of an exciting new signing.

But to be honest, I hope Cocu doesn’t make signing new players a priority, unless it is someone to complete the jigsaw.

With less than five weeks to go until kick off and the transfer window closing that same week, for me, the focus would be on the players we have now. Let all of his work on the training pitch do the talking.

Focus on coaching the current squad and getting 10-15% more out of those players we have, and making use of the Academy and bringing through new prospects.

Tomori on loan again and a player Cocu has sought out personally, that’s it.

Archived