Fare ye well Frank and Jody

IslandExile

18 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The difference between Frank & Jody's goodbyes are like night & day.  Looking at those you're left with no doubt as to who's is the more heartfelt & genuine.  If I was Mel, once Cocu eventually moves on, I'd be straight on the blower offering Jody the No 1 job.  Can imagine he'll be ready to spread his wings by then...

sorry but I thought the interview with Frank was honest and heartfelt.  Agree with about Jody in a few years

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The difference between Frank & Jody's goodbyes are like night & day.  Looking at those you're left with no doubt as to who's is the more heartfelt & genuine.  If I was Mel, once Cocu eventually moves on, I'd be straight on the blower offering Jody the No 1 job.  Can imagine he'll be ready to spread his wings by then...

Everything, and I mean everything, Frank does media wise is created by his PR team, which shows massively in this case. It was very bland. Still love him though. 

Jody's was brilliant, pure class.

Wish them both all the best.

Just now, VulcanRam said:

Everything, and I mean everything, Frank does media wise is created by his PR team, which shows massively in this case. It was very bland. Still love him though. 

Jody's was brilliant, pure class.

Wish them both all the best.

As do I.  But to paraphrase Will in the Inbetweeners Movie - 

"When people ask me if i like football, I say yes, I like football.  But not Chelsea.  Chelsea can DUCK OFF!"

30 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Watch the video with Frank again. I think that was heartfelt and very respectful. People express themselves differently.

I do think some people are looking for something to push against.

We are all fanatical Derby fans, surely we can appreciate the bond other folks have with their clubs. We can hold no bitterness towards Lampard for wanting to go back to Chelsea. I am sure he would have preferred the chance to return later, in a couple of years or so, but you do not turn down those opportunities. In a similar but reversed situation, would you turn down a chance to manage Derby?

Be happy, we [soon will] have Cocu ?

If you must rail against somebody to ease any disappointment, there are other, more worthy targets.....Chelsea, the media, Drogba, Leeds, Forest....

COYR

Just because Frank's was safely pr slick and pro, there's no suggestion he didn't mean it. That's how Lampard has to be because he's the front man.

The fact that jodi sent an unpolished version as well suggests they both mean it.

I think if they were going to be "wipe our feet on the way out" about it that'd definitely shown through in the goodbyes even if the words were the same.

I'm just hoping their nice time here will provide fruitful for some loans from the Chelsea end for next season. I can't see us getting mount back but maybe we'll get Tomori for another year. It's great they've had a good year and they've certainly brought some life back into the club i think. Onwards and upwards for next season and the reign of Cocu is about to begin! I'm just excited for that now 

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

may change your mind when you do get chance, I suppose I hope it does

I've watched the video now – it's better than the IG post, still a few shades of "PR exercise" though! Must admit the bit about Mel was nice.

Just to be clear I'm not bitter towards Frank for any of this. Wish him all the best at Chelski. 

22 hours ago, philmycock said:

And we'll always have Villa, with Waghorn and Marriott on the bench ?

Yep that's all looking a bit suspicious. Seems this whole Lampard / Chelsea thing has possibly been going on behind the scenes for some time. Doesn't Mel have a house in Sandbanks next to Lampards uncle, Arry Redknapp ??

Maybe frank wasn't too chuffed with some of the reaction. Who knows?

The goodbye was pretty brief though.

13 hours ago, europia said:

Yep that's all looking a bit suspicious. Seems this whole Lampard / Chelsea thing has possibly been going on behind the scenes for some time. Doesn't Mel have a house in Sandbanks next to Lampards uncle, Arry Redknapp ??

My 'sources' told me that we already had Cocu lined up in 1997 but he wanted to 'focus on still being a player' and 'I haven't even played for Barcelona yet' - And that the appointment of Lampard last season was made because Mel's psychic knew the Chelsea job would be available and the time would finally be right to bring Cocu in - Actually Phillip would have had a very successful spell in Fenerbache had it not been for Uncle Mel arranging for his director of football to be Sam Rush in a wig with a new passport having fled the country after allegations of stealing Haribo from duty free at Robin Hood International Airport

So yeh - Pretty much confirmed the conspiracies innit  

11 hours ago, cheron85 said:

My 'sources' told me that we already had Cocu lined up in 1997 but he wanted to 'focus on still being a player' and 'I haven't even played for Barcelona yet' - And that the appointment of Lampard last season was made because Mel's psychic knew the Chelsea job would be available and the time would finally be right to bring Cocu in - Actually Phillip would have had a very successful spell in Fenerbache had it not been for Uncle Mel arranging for his director of football to be Sam Rush in a wig with a new passport having fled the country after allegations of stealing Haribo from duty free at Robin Hood International Airport

So yeh - Pretty much confirmed the conspiracies innit  

Yeah, innit. 

Archived