Fare ye well Frank and Jody

IslandExile

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, Jody probably has a bit more time on his hands to write in this detail whereas Frank will be caught up in the middle of the Chelsea media circus.

All the best at Chelsea to Frank, Jody & Chris. We had great fun at Derby County last year - the football, whilst not perfect, put a smile back on our faces.

I'm disappointed they didn't stay to finish the job they started but the pull of 'their' club was too strong for us.

For me, they'll always find a welcome back at Pride Park. I hope we'll see them again soon when we're playing Chelsea in the Prem. Derby County fans live in hope!

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Spare a thought for Mason Bennett. He probably feels like he's lost a parent.

I'd be very worried about returning to my barely making the bench days if I was he.

Just now, King Kevin said:

I expect an incoming £10m bid fron Chelsea soon.

Part of me is expecting a move for Bogle.

A smaller part of me is expecting a move for Bird.

Probably neither this summer though, they've more than enough youths to work through ?. Only if Lampard last's until next summer.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Part of me is expecting a move for Bogle.

A smaller part of me is expecting a move for Bird.

Probably neither this summer though, they've more than enough youths to work through ?. Only if Lampard last's until next summer.

Well that, and the fact they can't sign anyone this summer.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Well that, and the fact they can't sign anyone this summer.

True. I do keep forgetting about the transfer ban because I don't care about Chelsea ? 

He'll just have to hope no-one comes in for them before he can then!

10 hours ago, David said:

I will be honest and say their departures are easier to take knowing we have Phillip Cocu which is credit to the club.

Wasn’t long ago we were being managed by the likes of Phil Brown and Paul Jewell, here we are now with back to back genuine world class players in their day that have played at the top of the game. 

Yes, world class players do not = world class managers, but try telling those players in the dressing room that, many of which will have idolised both Lampard and Cocu as youngsters and be inspired by their presence in the dressing room.

Having these types of ex players brings a real buzz about the place, the last year on this forum has been incredible, a season to remember for many reasons, some of which personal with the forum online for 10 years, others for truly magical nights like Elland Road.

And it feels like we’re heading right into another one. If you can’t get excited by the direction this club is heading in, I honestly don’t know what to say. 

It’s been a real emotional roller coaster, and whilst I still have minor criticisms over the social media use, I really do wish both Frank and Jody good luck and truly mean it.

I will take no pleasure in seeing Frank and Jody fail, that is their club, their dreams jobs, not Stoke City with a few quid to spend.

I know we are all a little worn out, frustrated and maybe angered by the process, let’s not allow it to sour what was a great year. Go look at the Sarri from Napoli to Chelsea timeline, this is how they do business. 

A question I have been chewing on the last couple of days, do we bring in Cocu without Lampard putting us back on the football map? I’m not so sure. 

Phillip Cocu, who would have thought it. Thanks Frank, go prove those doubters wrong. Once a ram, always a ram.

This...exactly this. Just written in Cleethorpes instead of Sweden.

24 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Nope – haven't had a chance to sneak it between work tasks yet. 

Was more riffing off their two instagram posts (David posted both a page or so back). 

may change your mind when you do get chance, I suppose I hope it does

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

you're a tough audience i guess?

Frank's were just cookie cutter statements that you would see any manager leaving to go to another club say. You can probably swap the names round to any other club easily.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Frank's were just cookie cutter statements that you would see any manager leaving to go to another club say. You can probably swap the names round to any other club easily.

I disagree but that happens sometimes

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

Don't get the obsession with this.  Most of the video of frank made by his wife was to do with his birthday.  It's not like she dubbed on the song it was put on by the bar right at the end.  For all you know he may have been saying he was leaving the bar and just stayed on and on and on.  It may relate to his difficulty in deciding whether to go to Chelsea or may not.  First club in history who have lost a manager with goodwill on all sides and also pocketed significant compensation.  Up to you but I have no lingering thoughts of any disrespect whatsoever

The difference between Frank & Jody's goodbyes are like night & day.  Looking at those you're left with no doubt as to who's is the more heartfelt & genuine.  If I was Mel, once Cocu eventually moves on, I'd be straight on the blower offering Jody the No 1 job.  Can imagine he'll be ready to spread his wings by then...

Archived