Fare ye well Frank and Jody

IslandExile

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

I’ll never forget that night at Elland Road. 

Cheers Frank I will remember the good times.

This. 

I don't think any of this drawn out process will be of his doing particularly.

I'm still sad he's left, I felt he could really have achieved something here.

I'm not as wild on Cocu as some, but it's certainly a more exciting move than the names previously mentioned.

Fair play to him for coming; he's got his work cut out to build a threadbare squad and get us fired and ready in only 4 weeks. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

....me?

Could atleast see what he tried to do, keep them quiet and let Bennett tire them out, then bring Marriott on later in the game to pick the pockets. Wasn’t the worse decision he made whilst here in my view and it nearly worked.

Wasn't the worse decision in the biggest game of the season????

They should have at least been brought on at half time, but no, it was too late when we went down 2-0 and then all of a sudden, he couldn't get Marriott on quick enough. We then made a game of it.

GOOD LUCK FRANKIE BOY!!!

Thanks for a brilliant season with some very special moments, thanks for Leeds, and thanks for being very slightly older than me.

Tough job you've got now but I'll keep an eye on you progress and I really hope you do well!

You glory hunting bugger.

COCU > FRANK.

As many before me have said i hold no grudges against Frank, Jody or Chris. This is there dream job and was always going to turn there heads. We had the highs of Leeds away but also the lows of Leeds at home. Frank, Thank you for changing a long ball playing ageing side into a young, hard working football playing side. All the best for the future and hope we see you next season after promotion and Marriott scores 4 against you.

Well, Frank is now in the past and once again onto pastures new but this time weve got a very classy and quality manager. People may doubt him because of his time in Turkey but the guy has won the title 3 out of 4 seasons with PSV. He loves youth and teaches players how to be better and how to win. He will improve the squad no doubt. Philip Cocu i welcome you to Derby. 

UTR

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Wasn't the worse decision in the biggest game of the season????

They should have at least been brought on at half time, but no, it was too late when we went down 2-0 and then all of a sudden, he couldn't get Marriott on quick enough. We then made a game of it.

Nope, there were worst tactical decisions going into games throughout the season that were a bigger issue. As I say it atleast made some sense.

Does Marriott stop the goals conceded? Does he keep the ball away from our penalty box? The bigger issue was Waghorn’s injury in that respect.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Nope, there were worst tactical decisions going into games throughout the season that were a bigger issue. As I say it atleast made some sense.

Does Marriott stop the goals conceded? Does he keep the ball away from our penalty box? The bigger issue was Waghorn’s injury in that respect.

I suppose if you are highlighting quite a few tactical errors going into games, you're quite pleased he's gone.

Listen, a big part of me also wants him to do well because he's English and now in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the world. I'd like to see him do well and maybe one day manage England. It's all just a bit raw at the minute and I wanted continuity. 

He also gave a Championship club the biggest compensation package a team has ever seen, so it's not all that bad.

Let's just hope Cocu does sign and we can move quickly in signing players and he hits the ground running.

I've got no problem with his going.  Was inevitable at some point.  Have just hated the radio black out from him and his team.  Would it have killed him to put out a little statement when Christine posted that Clash video up??  Just very disrespectful.  

Personally I'll laugh each time they lose, not because I want Frank & Jody to fail, but because Chelsea FC are an egotistical, entitled, unethical bunch of female genitalia!!!

The only surprise is how quick it happened. If those nasty Chelsea fans hadn’t been so horrid to Mr Sarri, we may have kept him for another year, maybe. 

The best thing about this is it has raised the profile of the club to the level where we may be appointing someone of the quality of Phillip Cocu.

Can you imagine the Three Amigos (you know who bought the club for £1 and then robbed it blind) phoning Cocu’s agent and asking if he might be interested in managing a club in the EFL Championship. He may remember coming here in 2001 with Barcelona and wiping the floor with us, but that’s about it.

Yeah they leave with my best wishes still despite the ridiculous saga over their departures messing with our pre season. Still pissed off with Chelsea about that mind. But they’ve moved on to a much bigger job (too big a job that they’re not ready for and Chelsea are insane to appoint them for) so you can’t really begrudge them the move. Chelsea are morons tho, let their hearts rule their heads here, absolutely no way has Lampard done enough to deserve this job yet, on the back of one half decent season here. Oh well. We made some memories this season, but I must say overall it really wasn’t that spectacular. Bye frank, we’ve had better managers before you and we’ll have better after.

Without Derby, Frank wouldn't have got the Chelsea job .........  & without Frank, we probably wouldn't be getting Phillip Cocu.

Lets hope Frank ( & Chelsea ) play nicely & loan us a couple of their better youngsters

All the best Frank & Jody - lots of moments to remember fondly for a very long time

Ah you're right, this thread is a better place for Jody's message. I will remember them fondly, and hope we run into them again.

I didn't notice this thread existed ? Just been refreshing the one for about 48 hours.

24 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I suppose if you are highlighting quite a few tactical errors going into games, you're quite pleased he's gone.

Listen, a big part of me also wants him to do well because he's English and now in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the world. I'd like to see him do well and maybe one day manage England. It's all just a bit raw at the minute and I wanted continuity. 

He also gave a Championship club the biggest compensation package a team has ever seen, so it's not all that bad.

Let's just hope Cocu does sign and we can move quickly in signing players and he hits the ground running.

Not at all, I’ve written a post on this very thread saying I’m disappointed. I just don’t think the Marriott situation is this huge error that cost us getting into the Prem. I keep saying this, but I could see what he tried to do. 

There were games throughout the season he got wrong that I consider more vital. This is quick thinking as I’m at work but I’d say his tenure was summed up by the Sheff U home and away games. The home game was tactical brilliance but the away game he got wrong. That’s how I saw him, you can see he will make a great manager one day but he was a rookie ,and I was happy for him to make those mistakes if we saw the long term gain. We still may do but in a different capacity.

20 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I've got no problem with his going.  Was inevitable at some point.  Have just hated the radio black out from him and his team.  Would it have killed him to put out a little statement when Christine posted that Clash video up??  Just very disrespectful.  

Personally I'll laugh each time they lose, not because I want Frank & Jody to fail, but because Chelsea FC are an egotistical, entitled, unethical bunch of female genitalia!!!

Don't get the obsession with this.  Most of the video of frank made by his wife was to do with his birthday.  It's not like she dubbed on the song it was put on by the bar right at the end.  For all you know he may have been saying he was leaving the bar and just stayed on and on and on.  It may relate to his difficulty in deciding whether to go to Chelsea or may not.  First club in history who have lost a manager with goodwill on all sides and also pocketed significant compensation.  Up to you but I have no lingering thoughts of any disrespect whatsoever

Archived