Fare ye well Frank and Jody

IslandExile

Hope the pompous ****** loses every game at Chelsea.

That said, I'm proud to be one of the ones that gave Frank his chance to start in Management and wish him all the best.

Once a ram, always a ram.

But also an ungrateful swine.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cmon - all will be forgiven after his first interview.

First job - so grateful for the risk they took with me.

Such a great club, fans and chairman.

Hold such a strong affinity with them, will always look out for their results.

So sorry for how it turned out, but Chelsea too big an opportunity.

Will always help this great club in anyway I can.

Hope they smash the league this season, so I can welcome them to Stamford Bridge - and perhaps do the bounce one last time.

If it wasn’t Chelsea, I would never have left.

Once a ram, always a ram.

Etc.

Play beer bingo - everyone of these he says you must take a drink.

We’re all going to be a little tipsy I think!

Of course he’s going to thank Derby, Mel and the supporters in his first interview. It’s the first thing he will do. 

People still wooing over him though need to give their head a wobble. The only positive from Frank is £4m compo. 

Just remember back to 2pm on the 27th May 2019 when the play off final team sheet came out. Who honestly thought we can win this when Marriott and Waghorn was in the bench. Stupid decision all because of Franks love fest for Bennett and disagreements with certain players. 

Most people supporting him wouldn’t feel the same if we’d just announced Darren Moore  

See ya Frank. 

he's clearly let his heart rule his head.

His brain will surely tell him not to go to Chelsea, yet. But it may actually also be telling him that some Derby fans are morons and would've turned on him after a few bad results, after all, a quite vocal selection turned on him 10 days ago for being on holiday. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that swung it for him!

As for his time here, had he turned down Chelsea, it could've endeared him to Derby fans for a long time and improved the feelgood factor even more.

Now he's gone, he's as good as irrelevant. My love for him was as a player, not cos of a hit & miss season as Derby manager.

8 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Of course he’s going to thank Derby, Mel and the supporters in his first interview. It’s the first thing he will do. 

People still wooing over him though need to give their head a wobble. The only positive from Frank is £4m compo. 

Just remember back to 2pm on the 27th May 2019 when the play off final team sheet came out. Who honestly thought we can win this when Marriott and Waghorn was in the bench. Stupid decision all because of Franks love fest for Bennett and disagreements with certain players. 

Most people supporting him wouldn’t feel the same if we’d just announced Darren Moore  

See ya Frank. 

Agree with the team selection prior to kick off at Wembley, was just like when Bryson was left out against QPR baffling??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

In this new position I am not wishing him to fail personally, but Chelsea absolutely ??. I know you can’t have one without the other though... So sorry Frank and Jody had this move been dealt with more professionally and swifter by your new employers I believe you’d have left here with more backing from us fellow “Bouncers”. 

Onwards and upwards for us Rams COYR

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sometimes what we say says more about us than the subject we write about. 

Yes it says we Expect loyalty and when a bond is formed between supporters managers and players you expect to believe in it and you don't expect the said manager to walk out at the first opportunity his dream job comes up when there under an embargo and your still wet behind the ears.

Did see a post a wee while ago saying I can hear frank saying in years to come " it was a mistake to walk out after the first year from Derby when everything was going well in hindsight I wish I could change that "  , I do believe that will come true faster than we all know .

the blessing In disguise is how would he have replaced Tomori, mount and Wilson this season ?

I can see coco pops easily doing this with cheap players he knows about with a bit of flair from abroad , I think the new season is exciting because of this expecting a few over the seas blood to be in the Derby side very quickly and its what we need and we are lacking.

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Yes it says we Expect loyalty and when a bond is formed between supporters managers and players you expect to believe in it and you don't expect the said manager to walk out at the first opportunity his dream job comes up when there under an embargo and your still wet behind the ears.

Did see a post a wee while ago saying I can hear frank saying in years to come " it was a mistake to walk out after the first year from Derby when everything was going well in hindsight I wish I could change that "  , I do believe that will come true faster than we all know .

I am sorry buddy, but I imagine you as someone stifled in life by lack of opportunity.

An expectation of loyalty in football. That might make me chuckle all day.

7 hours ago, David said:

A question I have been chewing on the last couple of days, do we bring in Cocu without Lampard putting us back on the football map? I’m not so sure. 

Phillip Cocu, who would have thought it. 

Yeah I've been wondering about that too. There's no doubt he re-raised the clubs profile, but last season saw Bielsa at Dirty L**ds - who'da thunk that? So I think Cocu to us is part of the increasingly high profile the Championship has (for various reasons) and Mel's continued hands on approach.

But thanks for the L**ds game Frank, don't cry. #COYR

Frank, Jody..... It's been emotional. All the best, please close the door on the way out.

Can't wish you good luck at Chelsea, just brings me out in a rash. I wish you both success as individuals and hope you don't regret what could've been.

P.s. can I have my CD collection back, and post the keys through the letter box.

If Lampard was coming into football management this season rather than last, I think you would still see the clamour for him to join Chelsea. That's just how it is, clubs and fans can't help being nostalgic and irrational about these things. So, no, I don't blame Frank here, it was always going to happen and probably represents a lower risk to him going now than having a bad season with us and never getting the chance again...

Some good memories, better team spirit, more attractive football.

Wish them luck

24 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Think of his time here like a whirlwind affair. It was fun whilst it lasted but when it came down to it Frank just couldn't bring himself to leave his wife for us.

But as time goes on you realise even on your big day she was probably texting her ex..and making plans for her exit. Fortunately you can now see she was never the one, her family were rough and you have met a better, classier, European woman who you can parade on your arm.. so the strumpet actually did you a favour.

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

See ya Frank. 

....me?

Could atleast see what he tried to do, keep them quiet and let Bennett tire them out, then bring Marriott on later in the game to pick the pockets. Wasn’t the worse decision he made whilst here in my view and it nearly worked.

I keep thinking about what Mel said on Talksport last week when asked if he thought FL owed Derby anything

He said no - and I think he's right in so much as it's not for him as owner, or us as fans to say whether Frank owes us anything

It's down to Frank to decide if he owes us anything, and I'll be watching with great interest to see what he says about Derby, Mel, the fans.

For a man who hasn't said anything in public since the play-off final, he's clearly been doing a lot of thinking - so he has one last chance to make amends with Derby. If he comes across as sincerely thankful and understanding of how we must all have been feeling for the past month then I don't think anyone here can hold it against him. If he barely gives us a passing thought and he's all Chelsea this and Chelsea that - then we should probably accept that we've been used like a cheap tart and never speak of this again

Archived