Fare ye well Frank and Jody

IslandExile

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Thank you Frank and Jody for bringing good feelings back to the club.

It's a pity the Chelsea job came sooner than expected and that it all soured a bit with the protracted departure.

But we'll always have Leeds ?

COYR ?

Well said ?

COYR!

6 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Aye but he's going. I started a new thread so as not to talk about the Chelsea job but, rather, to reflect on the year he has had at Derby.

For me, he brought a lot of good things back to the club, excitement, passion, a connection with the fans. I don't think that should be overlooked by his drawn out departure.

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Thank you Frank and Jody for bringing good feelings back to the club.

It's a pity the Chelsea job came sooner than expected and that it all soured a bit with the protracted departure.

But we'll always have Leeds ?

COYR ?

And we'll always have Villa, with Waghorn and Marriott on the bench ?

I think he made a mistake not sticking around for another season. Last season never felt quite as special to me as 13/14, but there were some really special moments and the never-say-die attitude of the team to come back from all sorts of scenarios was incredible. I was interested to see where he would take us from there.

I don't really feel much sentiment towards him, and just for the sake of personal entertainment, really hope he does comically badly at Chelsea, which to me seems more likely than unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, philmycock said:

And we'll always have Villa, with Waghorn and Marriott on the bench ?

True. His non-selection of Marriott in the later games was a source of much frustration. Nevertheless, overall, I think the positives - especially the feeling amongst the fans - far outweighed the negatives.

And even the showing in the play off final was better than when we whimped out, with one shot on target against Fulham, under Rowett.

I will be honest and say their departures are easier to take knowing we have Phillip Cocu which is credit to the club.

Wasn’t long ago we were being managed by the likes of Phil Brown and Paul Jewell, here we are now with back to back genuine world class players in their day that have played at the top of the game. 

Yes, world class players do not = world class managers, but try telling those players in the dressing room that, many of which will have idolised both Lampard and Cocu as youngsters and be inspired by their presence in the dressing room.

Having these types of ex players brings a real buzz about the place, the last year on this forum has been incredible, a season to remember for many reasons, some of which personal with the forum online for 10 years, others for truly magical nights like Elland Road.

And it feels like we’re heading right into another one. If you can’t get excited by the direction this club is heading in, I honestly don’t know what to say. 

It’s been a real emotional roller coaster, and whilst I still have minor criticisms over the social media use, I really do wish both Frank and Jody good luck and truly mean it.

I will take no pleasure in seeing Frank and Jody fail, that is their club, their dreams jobs, not Stoke City with a few quid to spend.

I know we are all a little worn out, frustrated and maybe angered by the process, let’s not allow it to sour what was a great year. Go look at the Sarri from Napoli to Chelsea timeline, this is how they do business. 

A question I have been chewing on the last couple of days, do we bring in Cocu without Lampard putting us back on the football map? I’m not so sure. 

Phillip Cocu, who would have thought it. Thanks Frank, go prove those doubters wrong. Once a ram, always a ram.

Great post @David.

That’s been my underlying feeling the last few days. Absolutely hate how it’s been played out, will always wonder what might have happened if he’d stayed, but wish Frank all the best in the future. What a season he gave us. And yes, agree Cocu would be nowhere near the club without Frank helping transform the philosophy, style, and reputation of Derby County. Would love to have seen him become a Derby legend. There was a genuine connection with the fans -  transformed the atmosphere around the club - can’t remember the last time we were so united in support of our team. I like to think we rubbed off a bit on him as well. Once a Ram...

Thank you Frank Lampard. Goodbye Frank Lampard’s Derby County.

Welcome Phillip Cocu’s Derby County. 

Cannot wait. 

Managers come and go. I won’t be holding a grudge against Lampard for leaving for Chelsea. I don’t want him to fail there, not really bothered if he succeeds either. It’s chelsea. But I’m happy to wish him & Jody Morris, who I really liked as a coach all the best.

The process was frustrating, especially when Moore & Cowley seemed to be the names in the frame to take over. But it seems Mel has pulled another one out the bag and im now more excited about the new season than I would be if Lampard had stayed.

Sorry but not fare ye well at all. He was given a start here , he built up a brilliant rapport with everyone.He had a 2 year deal which I think most expected him seeing out as he had only just started out in management. To jump ship so soon when you have only just been shown how to use a left handed screw driver shows very little respect for your workmates and employer . Frankie the blue eyed boy had all the time in the world to go to his dream job and I'm afraid this shows he wasn't at all into the Derby way .I think we all thought this being his first job he might have some feelings towards  the club and fans but that video showed otherwise and the fact there has not been a statement from him thanking Derby and what a wrench it's been to leave shows how little the selfish bloke cared .Thank God for mel Morris I hold in far greater esteem than Frank and thank God for coco pops we might get some young hungry decent foreign cheap players in now who can actually play,and who knows the best striker in the championship might finally get a game welcome to your club Jack Marriott finally , personally hope Frank gets sacked asap burnt all bridges here went far far to early .

I’m sure those fans who hope he fails at Chelsea will be the same ones that proudly say “We are proud to be the ones that gave Frank his chance to start in Management” if he actually succeeds.

Im also sure that he will win a few back round again when he talks about his time with us in his first round of media interviews.

You can't judge Frank until this saga is over. His 1st press conference will tell us all how he has viewed all this.

If he's the person I thought he was then he'll be grateful to Derby and mel, apologetic for the disruption and express his lasting affection for the club and fans that took to him and gave him a start.

Anything less and I hope he ends up flopping so badly the family end up begging @Owd miners hilda for her weetabix recipe....?

Well said @David I totally agree with all you have said.

I think the bit that resonates with me is the "do we bring in Cocu without Lampard putting us back on the football map?" I personally doubt it.

Push on and get behind the new manager (fingers crossed it is Cocu). He will also have ups and downs while trying to establish HIS team.

I wish them both Lampard and Jody well.

2 minutes ago, Burton_Ram said:

I’m sure those fans who hope he fails at Chelsea will be the same ones that proudly say “We are proud to be the ones that gave Frank his chance to start in Management” if he actually succeeds.

Afraid not , I would remind him of deserting his post and not showing any respect to his former employer ! . While he had all the time in the world to walk into that job this absolute crap that's said about it might not come around again is mind boggling .we all knew he was going but jesus to go at this time and under an embargo shows everyone how quick he wanted out , and how false the party atmosphere was . For that video to be posted which wasn't great showed a lack of any feelings towards rams fans . Sorry but glad he has gone and I for one will join the boo boys 

I wish Frank and Jody the best of luck they are going to need it in the ratified air of the prem and European competition's.

He made it clear Chelsea was his dream job even before he got here and he was never going to turn it down we were all aware of it just that it came along early.

Frank reunified the club in his one season and at times we played some great stuff and he signed players mostly  if not all who will serve us well.

We move again just like we do each time a manager changes and Cocu looks like he will be bringing a team who will kick our youngster on and bring hopefully  some of that Dutch technicality and flair.

Frank will be back this season I have a feeling just like last we will draw Chelsea in a cup at Pride Park.

35 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Frankie the blue eyed boy had all the time in the world to go to his dream job and I'm afraid this shows he wasn't at all into the Derby way

The thing is how do you know he had all the time in the world? He got given a great opportunity to start his management with us but if he stayed and it all went tits up he may never get an opportunity at the top of the game again. He had to take it while it was there. Tough decision for him really but of course I am disappointed he didn't stay longer as I really thought he did understand Derby and the club.

Archived