Baseball Ground Prints

Stive Pesley

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I can see the resemblance, but that doesn't scream BBG to me.  

It's too sharp.  Too bright.  Too clean.  Too angular.  Too neat and tidy.  It's even too black and white!

I appreciate there's artistic licence involved, and it's far far better than anything I could produce, but it ain't for me.

I'd rather print summat like this off and frame it... and even this ain't fantastic, but it's more realistic...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROB9YwEggTS1gNOOYZmhO

12 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I've got one of these (number 402 of 750) on the dining room wall - will try to take a better photo when I have time:

20190703_132022.thumb.jpg.e8971d3e14e3e7663b2d0593b1e5899d.jpg

Much more realistic.  Much more atmospheric.  Much classier.

That, I like.

I'm not one for hanging (or collecting) pics/photos etc, but if I was, that would be my sort of thing.  

Also, note all the alternatives posted so far.  All landscapes.

Only the OP's link shows a portrait perspective, and all that sky blue screams more Highfield Road than BBG!  

*Apologies... I really should be more positive regarding this fine effort.   

35 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Also, note all the alternatives posted so far.  All landscapes.

Only the OP's link shows a portrait perspective, and all that sky blue screams more Highfield Road than BBG!  

*Apologies... I really should be more positive regarding this fine effort.   

Haha - some of his others are much better, I was actually quite disappointed with his BBG effort in the end, but thought I'd share it anyway as some might like it (or maybe not!)

I'd have preferred it if he'd shown the Popside not the main stand and that pitch is far too green!

5 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Haha - some of his others are much better, I was actually quite disappointed with his BBG effort in the end, but thought I'd share it anyway as some might like it (or maybe not!)

I'd have preferred it if he'd shown the Popside not the main stand and that pitch is far too green!

You did right.  It is for sale afterall, so why not give others the opportunity.

Agree about the green pitch (Obvs!), but at least you still can't see the penalty spot!  LOL!  

I don't mind the view, but then I was an Ossie-Ender, so I had a similar view.  

12 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

for me the iconic stands were the ossie and normo.  He appears to do more angles for other clubs and also subuteo teams for clubs he feels are more worthy

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Of course I can see the resemblance, but that doesn't scream BBG to me.  

It's too sharp.  Too bright.  Too clean.  Too angular.  Too neat and tidy.  It's even too black and white!

I appreciate there's artistic licence involved, and it's far far better than anything I could produce, but it ain't for me.

I'd rather print summat like this off and frame it... and even this ain't fantastic, but it's more realistic...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROB9YwEggTS1gNOOYZmhO

Looks like a drawing done on a computer to me. (The op, not yours)

Archived